Chapter One

Since I was born, I have been in danger. How could I not? I was born a princess of Scotland, and of course there are always other countries trying to take over Scotland. And the way to do that is to get rid of the royalty. So once I was 8 my mother got me engaged to a young boy in France named Francis. My mother sent me there and told me "Dont come home until you are married and have the support of France." I'm now 18 and I haven't seen my mother since. We right to each other once and a while. But its not the same as seeing her. So now, being old enough to marry, Francis and I are getting married in only a month. But first I must win his heart. How the hell am I supposed to do that? Being as I've been engaged since I was 8, I've never kissed, never flirted, I've never even held someone's hand except my family and friends. But never a boy. So here we go. Into marrying Francis. Prince of France

Tonight we are celebrating that the king has returned from Paris. Everyone is at the ballroom dancing or chatting. And I am with my 4 ladies. Isabella, who has light brown hair and brown eyes. She is a bit taller than me and darker too. Catalina, who has blonde hair and green eyes. She is shorter than me and as pale as me. Madeline, who is also blonde and blue eyed. She is about my hight and a bit darker. And Catherine, who has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She is darker than all of us. A slower song comes on and Francis asks me to dance. Of course I say yes, he is my fiance after all. We dance quite far from each other. We don't really talk much so we're not comfortable with each other. I do find him rather attractive. He has blonde hair a bit past his ears. It look very nice on him. And he has blue eyes and is taller than me. He is pale but not as pale as me. And he has a beard growing on his face but right now its just the kind that is just growing in and its all prickly. "So how have you been?" He asks me. "Fine. You?" I ask. "Good now that I've seen you." He smiles and says. I blush a bit. "Do you want to get married to me?" I ask. "To be honest...yes. You are a very nice, attractive girl. But I would hope that we get to talk more and become at least friends by the time we get married." He says honestly. "I would like that." I say. "How about tomorrow you meet me by the front yard at, lets say noon." He says. "I will be there." I say and we part our ways. For the rest of the night, we can't stop looking at each other. I guess I am happy I get to marry him. He seems nice unlike other prince's and kings I've met.