She's mine! - Jo x reader x Lightning

AU: high school
Age: 17
-
Being the new girl at school was tough. You had to make new friends, get used to a new environment, and leave everyone you knew behind. You transferred to Bodwell high school, after moving from H/T, in the beginning of your senior year.

Adjusting to Bodwell high wasn't that difficult, since  your new friends Heather, Dakota,  Zoey, Mike, Brick, Jo and Lightning helped you.

However, there was one thing that made going to school difficult.

It was your feelings for both of your friends, Jo and Lightning.

You sighed to yourself, thinking back to how you met them.

*Flashback*

Heather was showing you around school, and she accidentally bumped into a tall blonde with short hair.

"Watch it, short shorts!" The girl snarled.

Heather huffed, and shoved the girl down the stairs. You cringed at the girl's scream and decided to help her up.

"Y/N, follow me." Heather demanded, flipping her hair.

You shook your head. "No, that wasn't very nice Heather. You need to apologize."

"Whatever." Heather laughed, walking away.

You sighed and walked down the stairs to help the girl up.

"Are you okay?" You asked, frowning a bit.

She took your hand and stood up. "Yeah."

"I'm sorry Heather did that. My name is Y/N by the way. I'm new here."

"You don't have to apologize for her. Nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Jo."

During your next period, you had P.E. Jo helped you find your way and you thanked her, since Heather just left you. She insisted it was no big deal.

"Alright, we have a new student named Y/N. Lightning, can you help her out?" Mr. Tucker asked.

Lightning nodded, and walked towards you.

"How was your old school?" Lightning asked.

"Eh." You laughed.

He smiled. "Lightning doesn't like school at all. Lightning prefers sports."

You chuckled at his comment. He was like a little kid that was always distracted.

During the few months that passed, you, Lightning and Jo became good friends.

Then the war began from there..

~

You sat your bag down and searched for your math book in your locker. You cursed yourself for not cleaning it sooner.

"Hey, Heather. Can I borrow your math book?" You asked.

Heather nodded and handed you her's. "You need to organize your locker, Y/N."