3.06. Hero

PREPARE TO BE VERY SEXUALLY FRUSTATED YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Chapter Thirty

"Jacob? Are you OK?"

With a jolt, Jacob glanced up from his phone and looked at me from across the small tour bus living room.

"Yeah..." He trailed off, fidgeting nervously.

"You sure?" I asked, pulling my knees closer to my chest.

"No," Jacob sighed as he stood up and came over to me.

We were on our way to the third city on the tour, Tampa, Florida. Shawn, Grant, and the others were already asleep, but Jacob and I were still up. It was late, about 1:30am, and I'd felt myself growing drowsy.

Jacob plopped down next to me on the couch, and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"It's Callie," Jacob started, pulling up Twitter on his phone. I mentally rolled my eyes-- I really wasn't liking his somewhat obsession with this girl.

"What's up with her?" I asked as Jacob went to this girl's profile. Her header was a simple, black one, and her icon was a selfie of her and Jacob. She had a few thousand followers.

"'@sortajacub'? Can she spell?" I smirked at my own joke, and Jacob shot me a look that nearly turned me to ash.

"Shut. Up." Jacob snapped, not even a hint of humor in his voice. He pulled his arm off me, and I shrank back a little.

"Callie has depression and moderate-severe anxiety. She's been having a hard time lately, and I'm just really concerned about her. Does that seem unreasonable to you?"

"No... I'm really sorry," I muttered, looking down at my lap. Jacob only shook his head slightly.

"She think that I don't care about her. It's what her family tells her," he continued, as he clicked on one of her tweets.

"'@sortajacub: my dad always says that Jacob doens't care about me.'"

"That's not true though," I said.

"Hell, it couldn't be further from the truth," he sighed as he opened his DMs with her. It showed that she'd DMed him all the time, but he hadn't opened them until now. I watched as he typed a quick, three word message:

'I do care'

Then, he sent it and locked his phone.

"I'm gonna go to bed. I'm pretty tired," he said, standing up and running a hand through his hair.

"Okay. Night," I followed him with my eyes as he padded down the hall and disappeared into the bunks. I realized I was really whipped myself, so I gulped down a glass of water before crawling into my bunk and drifting into a dreamless sleep.

* * * *

I had no idea what time it was when I woke up again, but I knew that I was nearly suffocating and so hot I thought I might melt.

Pressure came down on me from above, and I groaned and tried to rub my eyes.

Except I couldn't. My arms wouldn't move. My heart began to race, but the sleepy haze refused to clear from my brain. My body felt feverish from the heat, my mouth grew parched, and my head throbbed.

I attempted to open my eyes, but exhaustion took over and I couldn't raise my eyelids to even a sliver.

Then, a slight, refreshing coolness blew over me as cloth was slid over my legs, causing me to sigh.

Hot breath brushed my neck as I felt soft lips connect with my skin. Wow, this felt nice. Really, really nice. Hands gripped my waist and pulled me up to connect with another pair of hips. My hands were now free, and I lifted them up to run them through soft, smooth hair that smelled absolutely incredible. The hands left my hips and traveled up my chest, while I let my own roam down back muscles and a firm. I rocked my hips and chest up to connect with his warm body. I was in pure bliss.

Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. My eyes fluttered open just as his lips detached from mine.

"Shawn?"

"Shit," Shawn whispered, still hovering over me, his hands returned to my waist.

"Are you... in my bunk?" I muttered, not quite sure if this was real, craning my neck to look around my cramped, little bunk.

"Listen, Maddy, I'm really sor-" Shawn pleaded, but I interrupted when I made the most shocking discovery of all.

"Are those my leggings?" I whimpered, pointing at the balled-up black cloth at in the back corner near our feet. "And my shirt... my... oh my god."

I held a hand over my mouth as I lay there, in only my undergarments, under Shawn, tears prickling in my eyes.

"Oh fuck... please don't cry..." Shawn pleaded. Meanwhile, I felt like I was going to be sick. Shawn lifted a hand and brought it to my cheek, but I slapped it away.

"Get your filthy hands away from me," I hissed, and his expression filled with guilt.

"Maddy, c'mon, I can made you feel good, don't you think you should return the favor?" Shawn begged, his hands moving to place mine on the waistband of his sweatpants.

I let out a sob just as the curtain on my bunk was swung back to reveal a shirtless and sleepy Jacob.

"What the..." He furrowed his brow as he looked from his distressed face to Shawn's deer-in-a-headlights stare.

"Chill man, it's not what you think," Shawn stuttered, crawling back off me a bit.

"You have 3 seconds to get off her and down here before I beat the shit out of you," Jacob growled, and Shawn didn't waste any time in sliding off me and into the dark bunk hallway. I watched as they stood facing each other, neither one saying a thing.

"So can we let this go?" Shawn asked, shifting on his bare feet.

"Sure, lemme just get one thing straight first," Jacob nodded.

The, he swung his fist right into Shawn's jaw.

I shrieked as the two of them slammed to the floor. Jacob held Shawn down by pushing him down with one arm while he swung at Shawn again. This time, his fist collided with Shawn's left eye, causing him to cry out. Shawn quickly recovered and shoved Jacob backwards, sending him falling onto his back. Shawn stumbled to his feet while Jacob groaned and attempted to get up. Instead, Shawn kicked him hard in the ribs. Jacob cursed, and his muscles tightened as Shawn lowered himself down and punched him in the chest.

"Stop!" I screamed as Shawn and Jacob continuously swung punches at each other.

The hall lights flickered on, and Grant peeked out the edge of his bunk, his hand on the light switch.

"What's going on?" He shouted, looking from me to Shawn and Jacob.

"Get Derrick!" I commanded, but Derrick, our security guard, was already making his way to the pair on the floor. Almost effortlessly, he yanked Shawn off of Jacob and held him back. Jacob wiped his mouth, his hand coming away bloody. I clutched my blanket around my bare body as I climbed down from the bunk and knelt by him.

"Jacob, you're lip, oh my god, are you okay?" I choked, tears threatening to fall.

"Never been better," Jacob coughed, spitting a few droplets of blood onto the wood floor.

"I'm so sorry, Shawn just, I don't know really. I just woke up and he was there, on me, and--" My throat tightened, and a teardrop rolled down my cheek.

"Did he... you know...?" Jacob questioned, placing a hand on my blanket-covered arm and rubbing it slowly.

"Rape me? I don't think so," I sniffled and shook my head.

"Well, don't worry about me too much. I've been waiting to do that for a while now," Jacob smirked, then grimaced as he sat up and looked at Shawn, who was clutching his (now black) eye.

I chuckled a little. "Thank you."

"No problem. 'Jacob Whitesides to the rescue', right?" He laughed, and I blushed as he quoted one of my old tweets.

"Don't forget it," I whispered before placing a single kiss on his forehead.