[Closed] November 28, 2014 - Holiday Contest

Tis the season! To celebrate this festive time of year, Wattpad is hosting a holiday-inspired fanfiction contest.

What Do I Write About?

The theme is "holiday," so we are asking Wattpadders to write a short fanfiction story or a series of oneshots wherein characters enjoy activities one would partake in during the holiday season, whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other cultural festivity. All fandoms are welcome, but please stick to one. Stories should be no more than 10,000 words.

If you need some ideas, feel free to use any of the following prompts to inform or direct your story (NOTE: you don't have to use these by any means - they are just to spark inspiration):

ONE: write a chapter in which a character bakes and/or eats excessive amounts of holiday cookies.

TWO: write a chapter in which a character attends an ugly Christmas sweater party.

THREE: write a chapter where it snows too much, or doesn't snow at all.

FOUR: write a chapter that includes mistletoe or caroling.

FIVE: write a chapter in which a character must find the perfect Hanukkah gift in a short amount of time.

SIX: write a chapter in which a character learns about a holiday tradition different from their own.

SEVEN: write a chapter in which characters participate in a gingerbread house-building competition.

EIGHT: write a chapter that takes place at a Christmas tree farm.

NINE: write a chapter where characters build a snowman.

TEN: write a chapter in which a family gathering goes awry.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy (G, PG, or PG-13).

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "holiday." The deadline for submissions is Thursday December 18th at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [The 100]). You can submit one (1) story or oneshot collection for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for three weeks, starting today, Friday November 28th, and ending Thursday December 18th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on December 25th.

Prizes

To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Holiday Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile, have their story added to an appropriately-themed reading list, and be mentioned on our social media channels. Since it is the gift-giving season, winners will also receive Wattpad swag, which will include a t-shirt, stickers, and temporary tattoos.

Happy writing and the happiest of holidays to all of you!

This contest is now closed. You can check out the winners, here