Chapter 25

All too soon, your week of recovery in the healing wing ended. You weren't upset to leave the healing wing, but you didn't want to leave your twins and have to go back to your duties. You knew, logically, that you would have plenty of time to spend with them, but it was still difficult to consider leaving them for any period of time.

You were also beyond grateful for Frigga's magic. There were perks to being a member of the royal family. One of them was access to and the expectation that you would use Frigga's post-pregnancy spells. Her magic allowed you to return to the weight and size you had been before you got pregnant, and it was beyond amazing to be back to normal. Well, almost normal. Pregnancy had changed your body and Frigga's magic could only do so much. Your body bore the signs of giving birth, your hips were wider, your breasts larger, both accommodations for the twins. Those you could live with, the extra weight from the pregnancy, you were glad to be rid of.

Seriously, magic was amazing.

"Ready, darling?" Loki asked you as you were finally released from the healing wing.

You gave him a brilliant smile, Narvi cuddled up in a sling against your chest. He preferred to stay close to his mama. "You know I hate being in the healing wing when I'm stuck on the healee's side," you whined at Loki, who indeed knew you too well.

Loki chuckled and kissed your cheek, Vali was cuddled in his arms. She giggled in delight at the affection Loki showed you. If your children knew anything in their short lives so far, they knew what love looked like and felt like. You gave them both all the love you had to give. Narvi snuggled closer and gripped onto your dress with his tiny little hand. His grip only tightened as you started to leave the private room in the healing wing. He hadn't left that room since the day he was born, and then only to be out in the waiting area with Thor and Sif. Your son was shy and scared of new things. He would learn in time.

You stroked his hair. "It'll be alright, little love. This is home," you reassured him as you left the private room with Loki beside you, carrying an over excited Vali.

While your son was shy and reserved, your daughter wanted to run headlong into the world and see everything it had to offer. And devour all the magic and knowledge she could get her tiny little hands on along the way. It didn't matter that she couldn't walk yet, much less run, she was going to find a way to tackle the world head-on.

Both of your children were absolutely perfect.

/Home?/ Narvi asked in your mind.

"Yes, darling. Home. We're going to show you where we live," you explained to him, amazed again at how intelligent your children were. He accepted that and relaxed in his sling.

You had to adjust your wings as you walked so they didn't brush the ground. It was hard to remember and you hadn't gotten used to having wings yet. Loki and Frigga both insisted that you would eventually. You would also have to learn to fly and learn to be a proper valkyrie. But those were problems for another day. For today, you had to take your children back to your suite in the family wing and show them where you actually lived.

Frigga met you before you left and gave you one last look-over before she let you leave. She declared you fit, kissed your and Loki's cheeks, and the twin's foreheads. They absolutely adored their grandmother, just as their father did and giggled in delight for her.

You carried the twins up to your suite and showed them around, explaining what things were to them and showing them around. Despite their age, they were too smart and understood everything you were saying to them.

Loki led you into the consort's suite. The room was originally your domain, your space to be alone before you and Loki had gotten married. You rarely spent time there even before you got married. Now?

The room had changed. Drastically. It was no longer a bedroom for an adult, but a nursery for your children. The bedroom had changed to hold two cribs, two dressers filled with clothes, and everything needed for the twins. The living room had been transformed into a playroom for them, full of toys and books and everything two tiny growing minds could want.

"Loki? Did you do this?" You asked as you looked over the rooms and showed them to the twins.

Loki inclined his head with a proud smile. "I hoped you would like it, witchling," he said warmly. "All of your things are safely in our suite, don't fret," he reassured you. He wouldn't do anything to hurt you and wanted to make sure you were ok with losing your space.

"It's perfect, Loki," you reassured him. You had plenty of alone time when you needed it. You didn't need a whole suite to yourself.

All too soon you had to dress the children in formalwear, which was adorable, but a chore even with magic, dress yourself in a formal gown and make your way to the throne room. There was one more duty you had to do today before you could get some rest. Loki held Vali in his arms and you held Narvi in yours as you made your way to the throne room.

The guards opened the huge double doors for you both and you strode confidently up to the throne. /Mama, scared!/ Narvi whined in your mind as he clutched onto your dress, overwhelmed at all of the people inside the giant room. You didn't blame him for being overwhelmed in the slightest. You were just glad he and Vali were advanced enough to tell you what was wrong instead of just screaming their heads off. This way was much preferable.

/Shh, my darling. It's alright. Mama won't let anything happen to you,/ you reassured him. /I'm here and I'll protect you. Always/

He settled in your arms, though remained tense and overwhelmed. At least he trusted that you really would keep him safe.

Odin was waiting for you on his throne and stood when you and Loki stopped in front of him. Loki hadn't quite taken over the throne entirely yet. His coronation would be soon, once the children were settled and you had adjusted to being a valkyrie, then he would ascend the throne, with Odin staying on as and advisor while he got his feet under him.

So this duty was Odin's to perform. Frigga, Thor, and Sif were on the steps to the throne, adding their support. At least the ceremony was short. It was designed that was as most royal babies would be squalling by now. You and Loki turned to face the crowd and held your children in your arms while Odin blathered on about the future of the realm. You really didn't pay much attention to his actual words while you were whispering in Narvi's mind to keep him calm and reassured of your love and protection.

Finally Odin ended with: "Allow me to present to you your new Prince and Princess, Narvi and Vali, children of Loki and Sigyn. May their lives be long and their futures bright!"

The crowd roared in applause and you held Narvi closer to you, noting the pride you heard in Odin's voice as he announced his grandchildren to the realm.