Love Invalid: 5

Athena's POV

I walk out of the building to find him leaning against his car. More like leaning his butt since he's tall but I can't help eye his body. He is wearing his Ray Ban sunglasses which makes him stand out more. People passes but they aren't satisfied, not until they glance at him. I find this funny so I end up smiling like an idiot.

Alex looks around until he finds me standing—looking back at him—he immediately stands up straight, fixing his shirt before walking toward me. My smile end up being a smirk when I see him fastening his steps to reach me faster. Once we are close enough, he puts his hand behind my waist before leading me back to his car.

''Is this one of your gentleman act?'' I roll my eyes once I've entered his car. He suit afterwards.

''There's a lot of reporters here without you noticing so—'' He shrugs before he drives away.

Right. We are both acting. He wants to catch attention and this is what he is doing. We both are pretending. Pretending so that the press would believe we are a happy couple. I don't know about his so—called—plans for tonight but I know that whenever he acts sweet around me, he's pretending.

So let's not fall for his acts, shall we.

''Where are we going?'' I raise an eyebrow at him as I turn to look. His eyes are focused on the road, not even glancing at me.

''We're going see your hair stylist and fashion designer.'' He replies.

Fashion designer? Hair stylist? What are those for?

''W—what for?'' I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I tie my hair up into a ponytail.

We stop at a traffic light and he take his chance to turn and look at me. Even though I can't see his eyes but I can somehow feel the way he gazes at me through those sunglasses. I don't even have the intention to look away, ''We have an event tonight. Ring any bells?'' He smirks a little, ''How can you forget such small details.'' He mutters under his breath. It sounded more like he's talking to himself but I could hear him completely.

''Because it's not important to me?'' I was stating the truth but it sounded more like a question. I find his smirk widen as he turn to look at the road again. I shake my head in disbelief before crossing my arms and look at the window.

We both stay in silent, none of us wanted to start a conversation. I guess it's better this way. Until we reach at our destination. I unbuckle my seat belt before stepping out of the car. In an instant, I find Alex holding my waist, assuring me to move on.

I look up at the building in front of me. It looks like a wedding boutique but once we both entered, we are greeted with the cold air conditioner. I look around to find the boutique—dress are everywhere in different shapes and sizes—but there isn't anyone here.

''Are we supposed to treat ourselves?'' I look to Alex but he just shrug it off.

''Ah, Alexander!'' An exciting voice greets me which cause me to blink immediately. She is around her late thirties with her dark brown hair and enchanting dark brown eyes. Her eyes are exotic and I can definitely stare into them for a long time and it won't bother me. She looks at me and her smiles widen, ''Ms. Delaney.''

''Hi.'' I wave slowly at her with a smile.

She walk toward me before pulling me in for a tight hug. Alex has slipped his hand away, knowing that she might want to crash me into a bone crushing hug. I pat her back, hugging her. I try my best to breathe until she pulls away, ''Oh, I apologise for not introducing myself. I'm Marissa and starting from today, I'm your fashion designer.'' Marissa seems excited about the word fashion designer.