Tough.

And you spoke that day about me and how much you were missing me.

You said how life hasn't been easy for both of us, but I've handled things well and it's been the hardest for you.

And the thing here is, I can pretend I am the best I've ever been in ages and a smile helps, it disguises what my heart can't control.

And I spoke about how little I care when it's all I think and talk about because it hurts deep down and the cut hasn't healed yet and I'm so drunk on what we were and the memories of us, I am sorry that I'm so strong but one of us has to be.

I got tired of hearing apologies and always nodding in forgiveness.

I am drowning in the words of 'I miss you' and I'm choking on my pride, the only reason I've been standing so tall these past days.

The hours tick on the clock and I stare at them, as if something great is about to happen, as if my phone is about to ring and your voice is on the other line, but not even shooting stars can make such thing to ever happen.

You are drowning and choking on things you can't accept because you know deep down you are wrong and your point of view will never be right.

And somehow your mistakes make you happy and as much as it kills me, I know how happy you are and how much I've always wanted this for you and I'm playing the act of a tough one because it's all I know.