Chapter 83: Her Last Message (EP. 01)

"Land ho!"

"Admiral Gerrard, please inform Sir Magoo that we are about to arrive at the Arendelle Port."

"Aye, Captain."

Gerrard swiftly knocked on one of the cabins' doors, "Sir Magoo?"

"Yes, yes, Admiral, I am prepared for exit. I'll be out in a minute, go ahead and prepare for the deck."

"If you insist, my liege."

Magoo huffed and tugged on his collar, his uniform damp with sweat, "Damn, the heat must be wrapping up in this room. Gotta get out soon."

After grabbing his briefcases, the former Captain of the Northern Guard stepped out of the cabin, his dark hair combed back neatly and his titled badges pressed on the right breast of his black uniform. He gently patted his pocket, groping for the personal letter beneath to be given to Aiden by Helena's, God bless her soul, wishes.

Giving it to his former student is the moment Magoo had most feared. The folded letter in his pocket is the last written message Helena wishes to hand to her son, but the rare, unknown illness's grip on her is too tight, she never got the chance to do what she desired.

Death is such a competitive thing versus time.

Giving it to Aiden himself would be no easy task. Aiden is one fragile man beneath the skin of a professional swordsman, a wise king, a loving spouse and just recently a father.

Magoo had barely spoken with the ice queen, but he knew the miraculous drastic changes she had made to Aiden, and hopefully she can keep him on his toes through reading the tormenting paper.

He sighed and made his way to exit the vessel, nervously fumbling with his pocket watch.
____________________________________

"Well, if it isn't my most admirable mentor." Aiden smirked, exchanging a light hug with his former trainer, "The future General of Arendelle."

"Nice to see you again, Aiden." Magoo said with playful sarcasm, patting the fire king's back roughly. Aiden rolled his eyes teasingly and eyed Magoo's jaw, "Shaved off the old scruff, huh?"

Magoo nodded modestly, "It's time I come clean with my dashing debonair face. Don't want to leave the ladies out to see the real man." He bragged with utmost pride which left Aiden into a bark of laughter.

"So, how have you been? How's your queen?"

Aiden chuckled and answered, "She's doing fine, even with the twins and all..."

"Oh, what about your two?"

"They grow up pretty slow. Just the way Elsa and I like it."

"I brought little trinkets from the Northern Isles for them, since Uncle Magoo would like to spoil the little kiddies, if you don't mind."

"I think Grandpa would suit you more."

Magoo scowled defensively, "Hey!"

Aiden laughed heartily, patting his father figure's back, "Just a joke, old timer. Welcome back to Arendelle. Let's get you to your guest room."
____________________________________

Elsa's brows furrowed in concentration as she began to work on her next document. She quickly removed her grip around her quill and stood up, gently picking up Chandler from his bassinet and rocking him back and forth, wiping away one of her son's sprouting tears.

The little prince managed to stop his fuss and calm down. Kissing his cheek, Elsa gingerly placed him back on his bassinet and continued her job, sighing in exhaustion.

She broke her eyes from the paper once again right after hearing the door open.

"Snowflake!" Aiden grinned, enveloping the queen in his arms, spinning her around. She chuckled lightly before pecking his cheek, ruffling his hair as a greeting.

"I missed you." He whispered, brushing their noses together. Elsa blushed viciously as she watched him tower over her height, cupping his face nearer to hers, "I missed you too even if it was just a few hours."

"A second without you is horrible." Aiden dramatically complained.

"You flatterer." She giggled, "Be more quiet, if you don't want your son to wake up."

Aiden just smiled and kissed her deeply, his arm secured around her waist, "Where's Auriana?" He asked right after pulling away.

"With her aunt." Elsa laughed, "Now, where were we?"

"Exactly..." He winked, trapping his wife on the wall every second she spoke. Elsa smirked and ran her fingers through his hair, massaging his scalp every now and then.

"Aiden?"

Aiden groaned silently, his hands still caging Elsa, "Magoo? What is it? Kind of busy here."

"I would like to speak with you for a moment. Privately. It's serious."

Noticing the evident tone in his former mentor's voice, Aiden murmured a small apology to his wife and backed away from her, mouthing the word 'later' to Elsa.

She nods, understanding. He gave her one more affectionate kiss before exiting the study, only to see Magoo tapping his foot patiently before the door.

"Mustn't this wait?" Aiden grunted.

"Apologies, Aiden. But sensitive matters must be faced."

"Sensitive matters? Magoo, what's going on?"

"... Crap, I felt so confident earlier and I feel like shrinking right now. It's about your mother."

"Mama?" Aiden frowned.

"Indeed. Bless her soul."

"What about her? Hurry up, Magoo. This conversation only saddens me."

Magoo could only gaze at him with such guilt. He dislikes to bring up the unwanted topic but knew the damage is done and he has to do what he has to do.

"She wishes... She wished to give you this."

Aiden tried not to focus at his former mentor's correction through his choice of words, his eyes widening at the sight of the folded paper in Magoo's hands.

"What... What's this?"

"Just read it, Aiden. And you'll understand."

But I don't know if you'll be okay right after.

"... May I please read this with.. With Elsa?"

"If it can keep you on your toes, feel free to do so."

I'm so sorry Aiden. You've suffered enough.

But the cruel thing called death won this time.