One of the Boys

Preface

“Pacen,” I shouted. He turned around and smiled at me. His black hair was stuck to his face from sweating and his blue eyes gleamed with excitement. Pacen always enjoyed running through the woods in my backyard.

“What, Abs?” He stared at me confused.

I lowered my green eyes to the dirt path Pacen and I had formed over the years. “Will you promise me something,” I whispered.

“Abs, you’re freaking me out. Tell me what’s going on,” he said quickly. He’d stepped closer to me. Slowly, he laced his fingers around my upper arms and pulled me into a hug.

“Promise me that we’ll always be friends,” I said softly.

Instinctively, he leaned back and glared at me. “Stop being dramatic, Abs. Of course we’ll always be friends. Why wouldn’t we?” His right eyebrow arched as he waited for my response.

I sighed, “Because I’ve been watching TV shows of kids who were friends when they were younger, but then they stop being friends when they’re older.” I pouted as he smiled at me.

He started laughing. “Abigail,” he paused. He never said my full name unless he was serious. “We’re thirteen. We have all the time in the world to worry about that! Besides, I’m not going anywhere,” he vowed. However, what Pacen and I didn’t know was that he was wrong. 

please let me know what you guys think!!!

-Comment & Vote!

-Become a fan (maybe?)