A Good Compromise Leaves Everyone Mad

Elsa's POV

When I got to school the next day, everyone was buzzing with excitement. I stopped a group of girls who were rushing down the hall.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's the Star Dance! I'm so excited! I hope Brent asks me out!" The girl squealed before taking off with her friends again. The Star Dance? I spotted a flier and read it quickly.

Girls, do your nails! 💅

Boys, buy your tickets!🏃

🌟It's the Star Dance!🌟

Sure to take your breath away, it will be a night filled with fun!🙈🙉🙊

Boys, be sure to ask your special someone out before she gets taken!👫

The Star Dance huh? Sounded interesting enough. Someone shoved me into the wall.

"Hope you haven't bought a dress, because no one would ask you out." Tempest jeered.

"I have better chances than you." I told her.

"I've had boys line up with tickets. I'm on my way to accept one now actually."

"Good luck with that."

"You need it more. As if anyone would ask you." Tempest said. Then she walked down the halls. I felt sorry for whoever she was hunting down. They would have better luck going out with a hyena.

Jack's POV

I looked at the picture of Elsa hanging in my locker. It was her before her hair was dyed. She didn't know I was taking the picture. She was up in a tree, reading a book. I smiled, then closed my locker. With the Star Dance coming up, maybe I would get another chance to redeem myself.

"Hey Jack." Tempest said, batting her eyelashes. I rolled my eyes. It was Pitch's scheming sister. What did she want?

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Can't a girl say hi?" She asked innocently.

"You never just say hi." I told her. She frowned, then got right to business.

"I want you to take me to the Star Dance." She said.

"I'm already taking someone." I started walking away.

"I wouldn't do that, not if you wanted Elsa to live." Tempest said. I stopped cold. Then I turned around slowly.

"Why do you want me to take you to the dance?"

"One, my brother. Two, you're popular. And three, image."

"What about the girl I'm going with?"

"I already figured that out. It's Elsa, right? Just tell her you can't make it. No one else would ask her to the dance. Then you can take me, and go back to her the next day."

"And if I don't?"

"Ever heard of the puss caterpillar?" I nodded. Everyone around here knew about them. They were extremely poisonous, and could kill a person. They looked like they were coated in fur.

"Let's just say I have ten with her name on them." Tempest said, examining her nails. I sighed.

"If I go with you, do you promise not to say a word to Elsa?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

"And your friends?"

"Elsa won't hear a peep out of any of us." I sighed again. Looks like my plan for a redeeming dance with Elsa were ruined. Oh well. There would be other opportunities.

"I'll do it."

Hey guys! Out of curiosity, have any of you read The Shard? It's by Sean Oldfield. I liked it. It's on Kindle. Another good book is the Fablehaven series. Just drop by the library for those. I'll try to update over thanksgiving holidays. Ta Ta!