Chapter 54 Unrestricted

I found myself sitting on the bench and staring at the moon’s reflection off the calm water of the lake.  I wanted to be alone as I dealt with the possibility that Colin and I will never be together sexually.  I knew that in a relationship sex is an important part not just for the immediate physical gratification but also the intimate connection that you share.

It was times like these that I wish I could talk to my mom. If she was alive she would be sitting here with me and giving me words of encouragement and reassurance that everything will work out for the best.  Unfortunately, she wasn’t here and my thoughts lingered on all the bad things that have happened between me and Colin.  The odds were against us, we had a dark cloud hovering over us and we couldn’t shake it. 

My pants started to vibrate and I pulled my phone out of my front pocket.

 “Hello.”

“Hey Celeste.”

“Sean?”

“Yep it’s me. I am calling to check in. How are you? Have you set the wedding date?”

I held the phone to my ear, not answering.

“Celeste? You there?”

“I’m here.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“I’ve known you for a long time. Quit the bullshit and tell me what’s going on? Did that ass do something to you? I will be there in a sec and kick the shit out of him.”

I smiled, “No, Colin hasn’t done anything to me.”

“Then what is it?”

“Sean, we just can’t get a break?” my voice broke trying to hold in the flood of tears ready to break through.

“Celeste, tell me exactly what is the matter.”

“I can’t marry Colin.”

“Why?”

“The doctor told us that if he marks me, there is a chance he can kill me.”

“WHAT!!” I held the phone from my ear to protect it from the slew of curse words he was yelling on the other end. I returned the phone when I heard my name.  “How is that possible?”

“Something to do with our dna. Now Colin refuses to touch me. Sean you are an alpha. When you were with Tammy could you not be with her?”

“No.  We couldn’t keep our hands off each other.”

“Can an alpha be with his mate and not touch her?”

“Yes for a while, but the wolf inside of us are stronger than the normal wolf.  He will eventually try to claim you, no matter how much control Colin tried to maintain.  He will not be able to hold the wolf back.”

“Then Colin with mark me regardless if he wants to or not.  If he does mark me when he is out control and I die, he will never be able to forgive himself.”

“Celeste listen to me.  That is a possibility, but Colin can hold his wolf at bay for a long time.  Right now his wolf is happy to have you next to him.”

“I don’t know what to do.  What should I do, Sean?” Sean didn’t answer and I heard static on the other end. “Hello, Sean are you there?”

No answer.

“Sean?”

“I’m here, sorry I’m traveling through some trees I lost you.  What did you say?”