You're a Terrible Babysitter (Jason Centric)

Shout out to @kawaigurly for the request!

Requests always open.

Ages

Jason - 13

Dick -  8

"Can we watch something else?"

Jason rolled his eyes at his little brother and threw popcorn into his mouth. "It's not that bad." He pushed the disk into the DVD player. At 13, Jason was just old enough to supervise his little brother while the rest of the family were busy. Tonight, Jason was babysitting, and did he feel grown-up about it.

"Can't we just play Super Smash Bros?" The boy whined.

"I'm in charge today, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"So I decide when bedtime is, right?"

"No-"

"Bedtime is at the end of Saw, and dinner is popcorn." In a dream world Jason would be doing this with his red-head friends with some liquor they stole from Damian, but if you have to babysit an eight year-old, you might as well make it fun. 

"I don't want to watch Saw."

"Don't be such a baby." Jason started the film. "I mean, you can leave if you're scared..."

"No, I'm not! I'm not scared!" Dick already looked terrified at the establishing shot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits scrolled up the screen.

Jason was horrified, but in love. He'd never thought gore and horror could make such a traumatizing -yet incredible sleepover movie.

"That... was.... FUCKING AWESOME!" He yelled. "Man, did you see that Fucking blood? Jesus!" He turned to gush to his brother, but couldn't see him. "...Dickie?" he kicked a blanket pile and heard it yelp. "Hey, it's not that bad." The blanket mass was shaking. "Hey, are you okay?" The blanket mass stayed silent. "Hey, It's not real, it's fake blood. It's just pretend." He felt his fear morph into anxiety. "Dickie, it's just pretend, alright? don't be scared." He had a bad feeling he knew where this was going. "Don't tell Bruce, okay? it's all fake; fake blood, fake weapons, it's not real. Don't tell Dami or Tim either. It's not real!" He repeated, trying to get his brother to even speak.

"It looked real."

Jason felt a wave of relief. "That's just the director and editor's jobs, it's supposed to look real, but it's not. The actors look scared, but in real life, it was probably really fun to film!" 

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! They got payed a lot, and got to hang out on set together and eat from a kraft table. They love acting and they get to do all this while getting payed and pretending to die." Jason was impressed with himself, he was making himself want to be a actor. "It's no big, they're just some cool people playing pretend on screen."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Hey, how about I get us a snack? I could get us some Popsicle from the freezer or some cookies or something."

"Okay."

Jason started to head to the kitchen when he was cut off my a yell.

"No!"

"What?!"

"Don't go!"

"Um, okay, you can come with me?"

"No." Dick looked scared to get off the couch.

"Uh, okay." Jason flipped on the light. "how's that?" 

Dick didn't say anything.

"Hey, let's put on something fun while I get our food." Honestly, Jason could admit that watching the opening scene of Big Hero 6 was reassuring for him too. Once Dick was a little calmer, Jason ran off and grabbed all of Dick's favorite snacks; bribery is everything. 

"Here." He passed Dick a fudgsicle and a small bowl of m&ms and cheerios. "Don't tell anyone about tonight."

"Okay." 

"What have we been doing all night?"

"Watching Big Hero 6?"

"and?"

"...We..." Dick furrowed his brow. "We ate snacks and played Lego Harry potter?"

"Bingo! and what time did we go to bed?"

Dick looked at the clock, he could barely read it. "Eleven?"

"No... we went to bed at nine." Jason said."

"Oh." Dick turned to the movie and nibbled his Popsicle.

They were asleep, lights on, surrounded by wrappers,  before the movie even ended.