Chapter 19💫⭐️✨

Please vote and comment, enjoy!

Rick's P.O.V

I silently tiptoed into the bedroom with a breakfast tray in hand

I silently tiptoed into the bedroom with a breakfast tray in hand. My wife was still sleeping soundly I smiled approaching her.

Last night was a long night of us reuniting, if you, know what I mean. We made love around the hotel suites. In the kitchen, bathroom, and then back to the room, it was a hell of a night.

We had finally given in to sleep around four am, even as that, I got up two hours later. I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about my sister and her situation.

"Hey, baby," I said as I placed the tray on the bed, ever so gently as to not spill anything, and softly pecked her on the lips.

She didn't even stare I sat down beside her rubbing my hand up and down her back "Rih"She opened her eyes slowly yawing her sleep away.

"Mmmm Good morning, babe." She said softly with a light smile on her face.

I pecked her on the lips "good morning, how did you sleep?"

She smiled "the best sleep I have had in a couple of weeks. how about you?"

"I slept for two hours...I couldn't sleep I'm worried sick about Lanie you know."

She slowly sat up leaning against the headboard "Aww baby I know,but there's nothing for you to worry about. Lanie is going to get through this especially with you by her side."

"You always know what to say to put me at ease."

She smiled. "You do the same for me....I'm starving what time it is?"

"It's ten am, and I already got you some breakfast" I  exclaimed picking up the tray and sating it on her lap.

"You know me so well."

"That I do," I said leaning against the headboard and watching her eat.

She glanced at me "Are you not going to eat some of this?"

"Naw I'm not hungry....I have no appetite."

"You stress out about Lanie. That's probably why you don't have an appetite. What time do we have to pick her up?" She asked and took a bite of her sandwich.

I laid my head on her shoulder "At one, the lawyer called me and said they were finalizing everything and she should be free at one."."

"Okay that's good."

"Yeah I'm just ready to get her out of there."

"Me too, Lanie doesn't belong in a place like that, it's just unfortunate."

I reached over grabbing a piece of grape and popped it into my mouth. "When do you think we should tell the kids we are back together?"

"Tonight at dinner. They will be happy; especially Ariel, she misses her daddy. Since you been gone, she has been sleeping in bed with me. The day you left, I woke up in the middle of the night with her in bed with me, and when I tried to put her back in her bed, she had a fit. Claiming that you weren't there to check for the monster under her bed, so that means there were monsters. Even though I tried to explain to her there wasn't, she refused to here it according to her 'daddy was the only one who can get raid of monsters,' so after going through it with her for two nights straight I just gave in."