seventy

"Let me help you, Dell,"

Audelia let out a sigh, her eyes casting down and Tony stepped up, his back pressing against her's. His hands grabbed the clasp of the necklace around her neck, his fingertips sliding across her skin and sending goosebumps through Deli as the necklace fell into place against her chest.

"Thank you," Deli told the man behind her, smiling at him through the mirror of their bedroom as his hands moved down her sides, outlining the red cocktail dress that clung to her body as another round of shivers ran up and down her spine.

"You're been awfully quiet with me the past three days," Tony spoke, his chin resting on Audelia's shoulder as he looked at her through the mirror.

"We didn't exactly have the best conversation three days ago, Tone-"

"My fault," Audelia raised an eyebrow at the man. "I admit, my fault. Should've known how you felt about Ultron."

"It wasn't just Ultron, Tony," she turned in his grasp to look up at the man she loved. "Back in Sokovia...I saw something in your eyes. You looked...you were in pain, Tony. And I know that look because I had it too. I saw things, I still don't understand what I saw, but I saw them. And I know you saw something too-"

"You died," Tony cut in, staring down at Deli as her jaw grew slack, just staring up at the man that tried so hard to hide his emotions. "I watched you die, then I watched Aurora die. I couldn't do a single thing but watch you both die."

Audelia's hands came up to envelop Tony's face, cupping his cheeks in her hands as his encircled her waist.

"I love you, more than anything in this world," Deli whispered, watching as Tony leaned into her touch just as he always did. "But you have to talk to me, Tony. We've been through too much together to not talk to one another."

"I was going to, but I thought I pushed you too far away with Ultron," that familiar smirk overtook his face once again as his eyes raked over her body. "Then I see you slipping into this lovely red and gold ensemble that looks eerily similar to my suit-"

"Don't read that much into it, it was a gift from Pepper,"

Tony let out a laugh, his stone cold heart melting while just looking into Audelia's eyes before him. He loved this woman with every breath in him, and he'd do anything for her. He always had.

"No more Ultron," Tony told her, smiling slightly as she raised an eyebrow. "I mean it, after that whole debacle three days ago I decided there'd be no more. You and Rora, that's all I'm focusing on."

Audelia couldn't help but smile as she leaned in, bringing Tony's lips to her's like she had always longed to do. 

Tony may have told a bit of a lie, but Audelia didn't need to know that. Besides, him and Bruce hadn't come anywhere close to successfully completing an interface.