Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ Tᴡᴏ:

Start from the beginning

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realise anyone else would be here early." I said awkwardly, walking over to them.

Ricky and Miss Jen chuckled. "Looks like someone else has opening night jitters..." She said.

"No, actually I was just coming to see if there was any last minute things to be done." I stated.

Miss Jen sighed, smiling, and walked up to me, gently placing her hands on my shoulders. "Sammy, my beautiful, beautiful stage manager. You've done an amazing job, and I'm so proud of you."

"Oh...uh, thanks Miss Jen."

"You don't need to worry about anything, everything looks wonderful from where I'm standing." She continued.

I chuckled. "Noted."

Miss Jen gave me a single nod, and removed her hands from my shoulders. "Listen, I'm gonna run. I'll see you in a couple hours for pre-game." She said, and then turned to look at the set. "Just take a second, both of you, and soak in the stillness."

Then she walked out. As the gym door closed, a sandbag fell and startled us both.

"Sorry!" Big Red's familiar voice yelled.

Then Natalie's familiar voice called out, "I think that was me!"

I guess I'm not the only stage manager who got here early.

"Okay, how many people are in here?" Ricky asked loudly.

And then the awkward silence kicked in. I avoided his gaze, even though I could feel his eyes on me, and instead looked down at the floor.

"So..." Ricky started. "How've you...uh...been?"

I looked up and gave him a tight smile. "Fine, I guess." I said, and then paused for a moment. "You?"

"Uh, yeah, good. Busy preparing for the show...you know."

I stifled a laugh. "Yeah..."

The silence returned for a moment and I had to resist the urge to say what I'd been wanting to say for a couple of days now.

Despite what happened, and all feelings aside, Ricky was still one of my best friends, and honestly, I missed him. Part of me already forgave him and moved on; it was the same part of me that forgave my dad so quickly for leaving and was glad to have him back, but like with my dad - I forced that part of me away. The other part of me - the part that was still hurt, simply missed talking to him. No matter where we stood as friends, or more.

At one point, I even wrote a little poem that I made a mental note of to give to him whenever we sorted things out. It's been in my pocket every day since I wrote it, just in case.

But now that I was standing here, talking to him - I was at a loss for words. I wanted to tell him I miss him, I wanted to say let's forget about everything and start over, I wanted to give him the poem now...but nothing came out.

"I should go see if Big Red and Natalie need any help. Good luck tonight...you'll be great." I said and started walking away.

Please say something...

"Sammy..." Ricky said softly. I stopped walking and the corners of my mouth turned upwards, forming a small smile.

This easily forgiving part of me will be the death of me.

I dropped the smile and turned around. "What?"

"I know I messed up...and there'll never be enough words to say how sorry I am, but..." He trailed off, looking down at the ground. I felt tears sting my eyes but I forced them back.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry over him. Not anymore.

I took a deep breath and slowly walked back over to him.

Ricky looked up from the floor and sighed. "I want you to know that I am sorry, and I hope you can forgive me..." He said. "I get it if you don't want to be friends anymore."

I bit my lip anxiously and my heart lurched. I felt like bursting into tears right there and then, but I didn't. I simply gave him a small smile.

"I forgave you a while ago, I'm just really stubborn and refused to talk to you because part of me was still mad." I said. Ricky's eyes widened in surprise, but his face relaxed and a small smile was plastered across it a second later.

"And of course I still want to be friends."

"Oh, well...that's good then. I'm glad." He said.

"I should uh, go see if Big Red and Nat need a hand."

"Oh, yeah, totally. Don't want anymore sandbags falling down." Ricky chuckled, and so did I.

"Well, see you in a couple hours then." I said.

Without another word, both of us turned in opposite directions and walked away. I didn't bother fighting the smile on my face this time.

✰✰✰

hshsjsk they're so cUTE

Any thoughts on what the poem will say that Sammy wrote??? Hehe

hope this one made u smile ;))