Chapter 69: Shopping together {30 day challenge}

(Hello my lovely readers! I decided to switch things up and add a new parent to the mix so Clint is going to be Peter's dad. Since I haven't had Clint be Peter's dad before.)

Anyway on with the story. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter's POV

Today dad, mom, and I are going shopping with my two older siblings Cooper and Lila, and younger brother Nathaniel to pick out some new shoes for me since I was growing out of the pair I already have. It's been a little while since I've been to a mall.

The last time I was here was with May and Ben coincidentally, buying new sneakers since I grew out of my old pair. That was a few weeks before they died in front of me in an armed robbery. After that I was put into the system I didn't want to be there but I had no choice.

Thankfully my parents adopted me after I was bouncing from one home after the other. I honestly thought they would put me back, but they didn't. And I'm so happy they decided to keep me. I love my older siblings Cooper and Lila who have taught me to be a big brother to Nathaniel.

We got to the shoe store and started looking and trying on different pairs of shoes. I just wanted a pair of simple sneakers. It was different shopping with them Uncle Ben and I had a tradition we did when we bought new shoes together.

He would always bring a plain black sharpie to write out initials and a little drawing on the side. May would join in on the tradition sometimes too!

Of course we did this after buying the shoes otherwise that would've been vandalizing. "What about these bud?" Dad asked.

I looked up to see a regular simple pair of white sneakers exactly like the ones uncle Ben and I would draw on for tradition. They were... perfect. "Those are perfect, Dad." I said with a sad smile.

I missed Uncle Ben and Aunt May. They were the first people I had who wanted me after my biological parents died. It's hard to think that they've been gone for two years now. "Hey you okay Pete?" Cooper asked sitting next to me with a hand on my shoulder.

I looked to him, "Y-yeah I'm okay I just remembered a tradition my uncle and I would always do when I'd get new shoes." Lila sat on the right of me and Nathaniel cuddled up to me.

Nathaniel looked up at me, "What was the tradition?"

I inhaled a shaky breath as tears fell from my eyes, "My uncle Ben would bring a black sharpie and after we paid for my shoes he would take the left sneaker and I'd take the right one we would write our initials and put a little drawing on the side aunt may would join in too sometimes." I explained.

"These shoes look almost identical to the ones we would buy looking at them made me remember and miss them." I finished.

"I know we aren't May and Ben but we could keep the tradition going and do what you guys did." Mom said.

"Good idea mom but we don't have a sharpie." said Cooper. Mom left as we saw her talking to an employee who gave her a sharpie which she came back with. "We better pay for these." said Dad.

We went up to the cashier and paid for my shoes before putting our initials on the shoes. My family is amazing. I thought telling them would be a mistake but they were wanting to make me happy.

I love them so much. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 69