twelve - family ties

Narrator

"Red I'm glad you are going to be alright, you had me worried there", Spooky patted Red on the shoulder and the injured man chuckled. The movement caused a small amount of discomfort in his wound and he grimaced.

"But I have to ask you, who did this? Prophets seem adamant that they didn't do it, and I know we don't have a mole", Spooky asked seriously.

"That's just it, I don't know. I was sitting on my porch and some man ask for el Rey. He had a thick New York accent and when I kind told him I didn't know any "el Rey" he shot me", Red said trying hard to think of a reason.

Spooky shook his head wondering why someone from so far would be trying start problems. The Santos and Prophets had scuffles and problems before but no one wanted to kill anybody, they just wanted their respect and their territory.

"You know there was something strange about him, he had that girls name tattooed on his throat", Red snapped his fingers trying to remember who he was thinking of, "oh the girl across the street, whats her name."

"Yajel", Spooky sighs out scared of his own words.

"Yeah that's right",  Red says.

Across town Latrell sat on a picnic table watching his little brother. Today had been a stressful day and he was glad he could just relax like this. Despite being a gangster he did miss playing with his siblings and coming home to full cooked dinners.

"Aye kid", a tall man with a load of tattoos walked up to him. He eyed the man and turned back to his sibling.

"If you need something I don't have it on me right now, check with Satti down the street", Latrell chewed harder on his toothpick.

"I'm not here for any type of drug. I want to pay you to do something for me", these words caught Latrell's attention. With one last look at his kid brother he turn to the tall man.

"What do you want?", he asks now slightly more on board.

"Take this and pull up on Cesar Diaz, scare him. Make sure word gets everywhere", he hands Latrell a loaded glock and a wad of hundred dollar bills.

"You don't look like someone from around here? What do you want with Cesar and the Santos?", Latrell has gone to school with Cesar, he didn't want to start any issues that he knew would put a target on his back. They may have been rivals but they were too young to get shot up for no reason.

"He's a mere pawn in my boss' plan. Trust me kid you want to do what I say, or your gang rivalry will be the least of your worries", the man points to a someone in all black playing with Latrell's little brother. He looks up and makes eye contact, revealing a devilish grin.

"Fine just leave my family out of this, I'll do whatever man", Latrell says trying not to sound terrified. He pockets the gun and the cash in his hoodie.

"Good choice kid", the guy pats his back then whistles to the man across the park.

"What the fuck am I getting myself into?", he whispers as the two scary gentlemen slip into a black vehicle and drive off.