Saved Unexpectedly.

I stand from my bed

I stand from my bed. The sun has not yet risen. I grab the armor that lays to the floor and fit it on nicely. I grab the cloak that is nicely set onto the chair, pulling it on. I take a breath and step back to the bed, laying down. I close my eyes for a moment and drift off to sleep.

I wake quickly to the green grass and fog in the air. I find Ragnar sat upon a log, looking over the lake. I sit up and look to him. He looks over to me and nods slowly. "Did you enjoy yourself yesterday?" I shake my head and stand, walking over to him. I take a seat beside him and rest my arms onto my knees. "You took advantage of me." I speak and he lets out a laugh. "No, no.." he tosses a pebble into the water and looks at the ripple.

I furrow my brows and look to him. "I was showing you how a woman once felt. Your mind and body. But not you." He looks to me. "I once knew a woman. She was a princess and her name was Yidu. She was from a place called China." I nod. I have heard of the Emperors Daughter go missing but I did not know that Ragnar Lothbrok was the cause. "I know of her. But why show me that?"

He nods and moves my hair to behind my shoulder. "Because. You may be happy and lustful one day, but here in Valhalla the next.." he looks to his hands. "Ivar.. He is a strong boy you know.. I once left him in the cold because of his bones, yet his mother saw fit to bring him back." He runs his hand over his head and stands. "You must go now." He looks to me and I stand. "But Ragnar. Why are you telling me this?"  He steps to the water and looks to me. "Because, it is your decision to right a wrong." He places a hand to my arms and smiles softly. He then pushes me into the water.

I wake to the sound of bells and quickly stand. I walk to the door and open it, seeing everyone scurrying and running around as the Vikings rush in. I quickly take a breath and sprint, ducking under a viking who is trying to slice through me. I grab his axe and kick his back, grabbing a shield. I drive it through him and continue to sprint. I make my way through the door and look to find Ivar. I take harsh breaths and close the door. He looks at me and I look to the floor to see that Freydis is on the floor. Motionless. I throw the shield down and he reaches for his knife on his belt.