Chapter 24

Hey all!

As you can probably tell, 'Bonnie' is coming to an end!

I'll do all of the pleasantries at the very end, but until then I want to say a massive thank you to all of you that have supported all of my books and even if you're new here, thank you.

You lot encourage me so much!

- Sya. Xo. 
                          ***

Writer's POV

"Jayla, I'm not made of glass you know?" Matéo tells his daughter.

Jayla sniffs emotionally.

"You're my best friend, though" she says hugging him tighter.

He chuckles at his daughter.

"You have you're mother's death grip, you know that?" He laughs and she immediately loosens her grip on her father, in fear that she may hurt him.

He punches his daughter's cheek and winks at her like in her childhood, making tears spring to her eyes.

He notices and rolls his eyes sarcastically.

"And you're just as emotional as your old man" he says.

She laughs despite herself.

Her dad tugs on one of her dreads.

"Send him in and let me talk to him" he tells her seriously.

Jayla's heart flutters.

Luis.

Matéo sees her face soften a little and her cheeks redden at the mention of the boy and he gives her a knowing smirk.

It's the same look he finds on Leo's face when Dana is mentioned and it's the same look he finds on his own face when he talks or even thinks of his wife.

That amongst other things...

He snaps out of his lewd thoughts and looks at his oldest daughter.

"We need to talk. Just me and him. It's not every day your daughter's man saves your life" he teases.

Jayla reddens some more.

"He's not my man" she shyly denies.

Matéo snorts with laughter.

"I know you two are sleeping together" he says into the air as if he didn't just drop a life bomb on her.

Jayla's mouth drops open and her face reddens.

"How did you know?! Who told you?! Leo?!" She rambles and he laughs harder before wincing.

"I didn't know... I do now" he says, eyes sparkling with its usual boyish mischief.

Jayla hides her face in her hands.

"Dadddd!" She groans.

He laughs some more.

"Send him in Jayla. I'm not getting any better just sitting here" he tells her, waving her off.

She immediately dashed out of the room, embarrassed.

She opens the door and steps into the corridor.

She turns to her side looking for Luis.

She spots him and her heart skips.

He looks as good as ever, even if what he's wearing is only a simple white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants.