7

You unpacked the groceries and leaned against the kitchen counter. This was going to be the rest of your life, you might as well start adjusting now. 

You looked up as someone walked through the doorway. It was Michael. He starred at you for a second. You don't know why but something inside of you coiled. He didn't like you being here. 

"Hello Michael." you said politely. He ignored you and moved passed you. He went to open the refrigerator but you placed you hand on it, closing it before it opened all the way. 

"I said hello." you repeated in a more stern voice. He seemed to narrow his eyes at you and moved to stand directly in front of you. Pressing you into the counter top as he loomed over you. 

You didn't move or flinch or back down. He grabbed a knife from the holder beside you and pressed it to your neck. You straightened your face and looked him in the eye. 

"Draw a drop of blood and you won't be getting served dinner." you said in a cold voice. He placed the knife back down and took a step back. 

"Good," you smiled, turning to the sink. "Now wash your hands and help me with dinner." you said scrubbing under your nails. 

He didn't move at first but when you looked over your shoulder to him he rolled up his sleeves, revealing white pale skin. 

He washed his hands and you handed him a paring knife. "Since you like to play with knives, I trust you know how to peel potatoes." you said smiling. 

He took the knife and the potatoe but just looked at them. "Oh, you don't." you said, feeling kind of bad for the comment. "Here." you said taking them. 

You showed him how to peel them over the trash can and he watched, enthused. He took the knife back and began peeling the potatoes. 

You smiled and turned to the sink, washing vegetables. After they were clean you took out the large kitchen knife and a cutting board and chopped them into fine bits. 

You gasped as the knife came down on your thumb, cutting into it. A small gash appeared and blood slowly began to run from it. 

You pulled the trash can over and scooped the infected vegetables into it, leaving the rest to be rewashed. Michael starred at your hand. 

You ran cold water on it and wrapped it in a town. Thomas walked in to see the mess unfolding. He looked from your hand and pained face to the knife in Michael's hand. 

Before you could stop him Thomas was holding Michael by the neck and pressing him to the fridge. You dropped the towel and tried to seperate them but their size kept you from getting them apart. 

Michael went to hit Thomas but his elbow made contact with your temple first. The blow sent you to the floor, holding the side of your head and releasing a cry of pain. 

You blacked out after hearing a scramble of noises. Footsteps moving quickly around you. You couldn't tell if they were helping you or fighting but you'd have to find out later.