Introduction

Edit: The first 8K words are reached with chapter 5! That's the second milestone reached!

For some reason, I seem to have thought it was a good idea to participate in ONC, even though I'm getting married and going on honeymoon this month. Best idea ever. Anyway. Here we are. 

I also thought it'd be a great idea to write in a new genre, you know, to challenge myself. So I figured I'd write romance, since most of the planning for this story will very likely be done while I'm on honeymoon, hehe!

Then I seemed to have another great idea: Let someone else choose the prompt for me. That's right, rather than choosing my own prompt out of the ONC list, SpaceQueenSara chose for me. And boy did she choose. Here are the PROMPTS (Yes, multiple) I'm having to write a story for:

68. You meet someone who seems to be perfect for you, but after digging into their past it turns out a string of crimes has been following them. None of those crimes have officially been solved.

30. You make your living by copying others' memories and selling them to people who want to remember things they've never done.

29. After the war is over, you set out into a new world to find and see the legendary Cloud Empire, a kingdom that is built on islands floating in the sky.

15. "How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?" - Plato

Woah! FOUR prompts!

I say all this as if I'm unhappy about it. I'm not, of course. I am incredibly thankful to get the chance to write another novella with the help and support of my good friend Queen, who seems to be able to read my mind and know exactly the kind of prompts I'd like to write for. I have managed to weave all four prompts into one novella, and it only makes the story that much cooler and more unique. 

So, without further ado, I hope you'll enjoy Liliya and Nyron's story and I hope to see you all at the end of this novella, in a little less than 3 months! 

- Naomi