25 | not so happily ever after

25

NOT SO HAPPILY EVER AFTER

I ran out of the set as soon as the interview was finished. I didn't even give Jungkook time to talk to me or catch my hand. I didn't dare look at his eyes. Those brown eyes that gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I couldn't face it right now. 

But the realization of this all settled into my head, spinning like a broken record. And I could only think of one thing.

I had a fucking crush on Jungkook.

No, this can't be, my inner subconscious screamed. However, I could confirm for myself that it was all true, and there really was no point in denying it altogether.

I can't even express how wrong this all sounded, and how stupid I was to fall for him when I knew the risk of getting hurt, and when I knew that this would all end after three months. How could I be stupid to still have feelings for him when I knew what was going to happen?

Calm down, Nari. It's just a crush. He doesn't have to find out.

It doesn't have to grow.

Right. I swallowed, looking at my reflection in front of the mirror. He doesn't have to know it. I could keep it a secret. I won't let him know it. Because this . . . everything between us? It can't happen. I won't let it happen.

Burn those feelings down. Or let yourself burn.

"Nari," a familiar voice spoke. I knew it all too well by now. Jungkook. My breath hitched, but I tried to compose myself when I turned to look at Jungkook, who was looking at me worriedly. "Are you okay?"

I stared at him. One second. Two. Three. Maybe five seconds? He was furrowing his brows and pressing his lips. The words he spoke just went at the back of my head. My heart was crazily thumping.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

"Nari." He said once again, voice echoing despite the flurry of designers and stylists near and around us. "Is something wrong?"

You.

Me.

Us.

Everything.

It's all wrong.

But I can't say it. Instead, I let out a small breath. "No," I reply, shaking my head and pursing my lips into a weak smile. "I'm fine. I was just . . . still dizzy from the interview. It's . . ." I gulped, not quite meeting his eyes. "It's my first time, you know."

Jungkook stared at me, but he looked worried and a little shaken as he placed his hands inside his pockets. He doesn't meet my eyes. "I . . . I didn't consider that when I had you dragged here. I'm sorry."

I'm sorry, too. For catching feelings for you.

"It's fine," I said, waving it off. "We pulled the interview perfectly fine. I bet we had the whole world convinced by now." I add. "Your reputation will be officially saved."

"Yeah," Jungkook said unsurely, scratching the back of his head. "I guess it will."

"A call for a celebratory drink," I force my lips to smile to ease the tension, bringing my hands up to motion alcohol. His eyes narrowed at me as soon as he saw the motion of my hands.