Description

"Please tell me that's tomato sauce and not blood."

"Nonsense! Tomato sauce has a completely different texture than blood."

.............................

Changing her adress in the middle of a semester after a nasty breakup and to spite her father isn't the best descision on Savannah's part.

But the apartment is nice, refurbished, comes with furnitures, close to her college and comes very very ridiculously cheap because apparently, someone died there a few decades ago.

It's the perfect place for her and she jumped at the first chance to start fresh.

Sure, there are some legal issues concerning ownership, the building straddling the line between being in the bad part of town and her disturbing lack of survival skills which her best friend swears upon. But she is a grown adult and she could handle it just fine.

However, she would soon realise her mistake when there are two apparitions floating in her kitchen, arguing about the best way to make an omelette and Google doesn't know how to deal with that.

........................

Hey, guys!

So, a little context. There's this challenge called The Open Novella Contest 2020, which is amazing and there are some really cool writers participating. They provide a list of prompt that are very unique and interesting and writers who are participating write a 20K to 40K worded novella for this challenge based on those prompts.

I was particularly interested in prompt no. 43 : "The ghosts in my house wouldn't be so bad if they could just stop trying to cook" and I really wanted to write this story.

So, here we are. I hope y'all enjoy this and please let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Thank you for giving this story a shot.