ϝσυɾƚҽҽɳ

-lorraine charmelico- "sᴛᴏᴘ ʟᴀᴜɢʜɪɴ ᴍᴏʀɢᴀɴ

-lorraine charmelico- "sᴛᴏᴘ ʟᴀᴜɢʜɪɴ ᴍᴏʀɢᴀɴ."-

i sat around the fire with most of the other sorry bastards that swarm the camp. i still can't believe i went back to get that son of a bitch micah. dutch says he sees a fine man inside of that bastard but... i just can't. he's gonna end up doin something real stupid one of these days, get us all in trouble.

lorraine had her heart on goin huntin. yesterday when we were meant to go, lenny came in and told me about that fool micah. dutch gave me no other option than to entertain the idea of helping lenny out and taking him out for a drink. i offered for lorraine to come but she turned me down

lenny asked me the same thing lorraine did about why i ain't married. i gave him the same answer i gave the lady, nobody would take me. i mean it ain't hard to see that. i'm an idiot and they both know that. "well, i won't disturb y'all anymore," i waved and went to my tent to sleep.

-

when i woke up the next morning there was loud whispering from beside me. lorraine's tent. i immediatly got up to sneak around and listen. i knew that crazy woman would do the same if i were her right now and she was me. "get out of here you crazy idiot!" she tried so hard to keep her wits but she was struggling.

"hey, us boys keep you safe, you should have a way to repay... other than just sittin pretty." that was micah for damn sure. that old dunce never knows when and where to stop

"i don't need a man to keep me safe, i'm perfectly fien with doin it myself. i've been doin it since i was young." micah laughed and placed something down. i could only hear the contact with one thing to another.

"you think because you've been going out with arthur that you're tough? that man is dumb ass.. you need a real man to protect you." micah was testing his limits but i knew lorraine could handle herself. if i needed to step in i will.

"don't disrespect the people that are saving your ass micah. arthur morgan is anything but a dumb ass compared to you." i chuckled quietly, refraining from letting her know i was listening. micah scoffed and something rattled and another got knocked over. "get away!" she cried. i jumped up and ran to the girls tent to see micah on the floor with his hat in his hands.

"you heard the lady, get!" micah spit at my feet and went on his merry way. "dirty bastard. sorry lorraine." she looks to me and shrugs as she sat onto her bed. "you okay?"

"yeah. i will be once that fool leaves the camp forever. or i do for that matter." the thought of her leaving didn't sit well with me. "anyway, night arthur. i'd like to sleep now that idiot isn't bothering me a any longer than he already has."

"i know you can handle yourself pretty alright, miss charmelico, but if you need an extra dumb hand, let me know." i threw her a playful wink and went back to my tent to sleep it off. what a pair we made. we were unstable to be honest but we was great friends for each other.

-

lorraine threw my bow onto my stomach, waking me up with a fright when she did it. "damn woman," i groaned and sat up. she placed my hat on my head and grabbed some arrows.

"we're goin huntin cowboy." she flashed me a wicked smile and pulled me up from my bed. "charles gave me a map of where he likes to go. i was thinkin just the pair of us could go. so i can show you that i don't play games arthur. i am a mean hunter."

"you sure talk a lot, raine. lets just see how you really do out there." her cheeks flushed red and she turned to mount her small horse. she recently bought a new one... named it after me i guess. she never actually told me the name but i'm guessing it's an insult at best. "anyway, where we goin?" she handed me the map from her horse and looked over my shoulder as i picked a spot. "i say we go here." she nodded in agreement and snatched the map back from me.

"let's get going morgan." shaking my head i follow straight behind the woman. "so, that micah fella. he... well he's interesting." i laughed at her remark.

"yeah. he sure is. never been the best of em but dutch swears that micah has a good heart."

"sure he does." she said with sarcasm. "he was snooping around my tent and nearly gave me a heart attack. he tried to get me to be his call girl but," she laughed and paused for a moment. "the man was too weak to even try anything on me. i'm just glad i'm the type of gal i am. not takin anything from no one."

"you did good, raine. i listened for a small minute. the two of you woke me up and i just wanted to make sure you were okay. i knew you could handle yourself." raine looked back to me with flushed cheeks and a smile.

"we're almost there." her smile was soon flushed away and she became as serious as ever. didn't even see her so straight faced when we was robbin that damn bank in rhoades. "we should go by foot through here. we don't wanna scare off any animals." i nod and follow behind her with bow in hand.

when we found the huge buck just eatin and mindin his own business lorraine became excited. she was like a young girl again. she turned to me and pulled out her bow with trembling hands. she looked as though she was struggling to even hold the damn thing properly. "i'm gonna be honest... i've never used a bow before." chuckling i get behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"it's fairly easy, just .." i helped her position it to the right spot and helped her pull back the arrow. "now, focus on your breathing... when you exhale, aim and shoot." she let the arrow go and it went straight for the ground. "alright, not too bad."

"stop laughin morgan. i ain't ever done this before." she was flustered and it only made me laugh harder.

"aim for the head and pull back the string." she did just that and really focused on her breathing. "alright, stay strong and focus on the head for a quick and easy shot." she fired the arrow and got the poor thing in the neck. nearly missing it. the poor animal yelped and fell to the ground.

"oh, oh...." she cried and covered her mouth. "no.." i ran to the dying animal and put it out of it's misery. "is it dead?" nodding, she comes rushin over and rests her hand on the animals stomach. "i'm sorry."

"don't go soft on me now lorraine," i joked. she looked to me with sad eyes as i began to cut the thing open. "come on, i'm only jokin with you"

"i don't really like this anymore." she sighed and stood to look away as i skinned the animal. "i don't even know why i told you i could do it. i obviously couldn't." oh she knew exactly why she wanted to do this. she wanted to prove me wrong.

"lets get this back to pearson. let him decide how well you did kid." she nods and follows after me. "you did good."

"thank you." her whole body sunk as we rode. she was upset with somethin.

"for what?"

"teaching me how to shoot a damn bow... and just being here in general." she was sure soft. everything and nothing hurt her. she sure knew how to handle herself but when it came to me or smith she just turned soft. "i enjoy bein with you. even though you're a dumb ass most of the time."