Chapter 5- Christmas Eve in Venus

Jacob

I loved being with Riya, more than I loved anything in the world.

Over the next two days, we loved each other. We slept, tucked neatly next to each other. Then we showered, together. Ate, together. Always connected, always touching. It was like we were afraid that if we lost sight of each other, we'd wake up and realize the past few days didn't actually happen.

The days flew by faster than I could hold on. Before I knew it, it was Christmas Eve.

Percy's advice to show Riya Venus nagged at me. We had one more night, then Christmas and it would be over... again. I shuddered at the thought, but promised myself to be present in every minute we shared.

"Princess?" I touched her shoulder, then kissed the spot I touched.

Riya stirred to life, humming contently as she stretched. "Hi," she sighed.

I jumped out of bed before she did something completely sexy to get me going again. "We have to get dressed. I have to show you Venus." I walked around the room, looking for clothes.

She groaned and rolled over, away from me, and closed her eyes. "What? No. Come back to bed."

I moved to the bed and gave her ass a little tap. "Up. We have to. Percy said so."

She opened her eyes. "Are you for real right now?"

I nodded.

"But..."

I knew what she was going to say. She'd said it to me before.

But it's our last night, bear.

I don't care. I want you to myself.

But the others already hate us.

They'll have to understand.

Percy's dumb face clouded my thoughts. "No 'buts.' A few hours. Let's go out on the town. It's Christmas Eve and everything will be pretty and sparkly, then we'll come back here. I don't want to spend our last hours with Percy's voice booming in my mind."

She huffed and sat up, not bothering to cover herself with the sheet. "Okay, bear. Let's do this. You'll have to disguise yourself."

She was right. "I'm on it."

While Riya got ready, I called Percy. He came up himself, no minions, with a hat, glasses, and a wig for me. I took the hat and the glasses, and refused the wig. "I can't believe you're making me do this, Percy."

"Sir," he said, "I would never make you do anything. I'm only the concierge."

"Yeah, right." I rolled my eyes.

"But you are making the right decision. Trust your path. It will lead you to where you need to be."

"Yeah, yeah." Looking in the mirror, I placed the hat over my hair, tucking strands behind my ears.

Percy stood behind me, looking at my reflection. "Does Miss Riya need anything?"

I shake my head. "She has everything she needs."

"I'm sure she'll love Venus. It's magical on Christmas Eve."

I wave my hand. "Yeah, yeah. Thank you, Mr. Percy."

"My pleasure to serve, Mr. Pressler." His wide smile put me at ease. I knew it was wrong to complain about his request. Taking my girl out on the town wasn't the worst thing I could imagine.