Chapter 1: Demon From Hell

1. Demon From Hell

"You demon from hell! Stop running in the halls!"

"Sorry Ms. Verne!" I yelled back to the teacher while I kept racing through the hallway. "I'll see you in Chem!"

My eyes had been darting to the clock hanging on the wall for the last few minutes of the class I just had. I had tuned out whatever the teacher was saying. Well I'd been tuned out since the beginning if I'm being honest. I didn't speak equations so Math and I have been at an eternal war for as long as I can remember.

I also kept tapping my pencil on my desk, which the girl next to me glare at me. I only smirked and added my foot to the rhythm as well. We literally had about a minute more, could she have really been annoyed that I was ready to be gone?

Once the bell rung I hadn't hesitated in putting my pencil and notebook in my backpack and dashing out of the room. I had to make it to the girls' locker room in time if I wanted to see my prank in action.

I hid behind the door waiting to hear what was going to happen. Sadie and her little group were really going to get it this time. I laughed when I heard a high pitched shriek.

"Oh my God girls!"

"I'm getting out of here!"

"I'm sure it was that troubled girl! When I get my hands on her!"

Oh shit.

Wait, let's be real Sadie, I could probably match you and beat you in a fight.

With that said, still, oh shit.

I hid in the first place I could find - a supply closet. I sighed in relief and laughed, picturing their expressions.

"Where is she?!" I heard Sadie call from outside.

Don't move and everything will be okay.

Of course my situation went south. I accidentally bumped into a shelf and sent supplies tumbling down.

"Oh come on," I said to myself as I frantically tried to grab the two falling mops.

The door opened, I, still clutching everything. A head popped in and I cursed inwardly.

Sad part is I would have preferred to see Sadie's face instead.

I recognized him. He was the new principal of the school. And here I was making a shitty first impression. I dropped everything and smiled sheepishly, extending my right hand.

"Principal Pratt," I smiled. "Leslie Shay Marie Mitchell. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

***

"Principal's office? Again Leslie? This is like what, the fourth time this month?"

"Third time, thank you," I corrected my dad. "And what happened to the benefit of the doubt? How do you know it wasn't my evil twin from another dimension posing as me?"

He looked at me with his striking blue eyes, no sign of humor evident on his face. "Not funny."

"Hold on," I said, reaching into the pocket of my jeans. "I wrote down a couple more ways to deflect from the situation."

My mom just chuckled. "Oh cut her some slack Shawn, it was a harmless prank and she was just having some fun. Remind you of anyone?"

I smirked. "You were quite the bad boy huh dad?"

"Not the point," he remarked.