Shiro! Kaneki X Ghoul! Reader: Whatever you are

"Ken!!" I smiled brightly and glomped my childhood friend.

"(Y/N)-chan?! How did you know that it was me??" He asked.

Well, ha had changed a lot. His hair that was former black, was now white. His looks changed a lot. He became more brave and...... cool.

"I always knew! Who ever you are or whatever state you are in, I'll always know that it's you!!" I grinned at him. "Ken.... You smelled..... different...." I sniffed at him. "What? Smell??" He tried to smell himself. "Not like that, Ken!! Let's go talk at my house." I dragged him to my house.

I live alone since my parents were killed by the CCG investigators. Yes, I'm a ghoul, as well as my parents. And, somehow, Ken smelled like a ghoul.....

"Ken.... What happened to you??" I asked him seriously. "Nothing happened, (Y/N)-chan, why do you ask that??" He scratched his cheek. He IS lying. "Why did you leave a university? Why you don't contact me at all?! I'm worried about you, you know??" I hing my head low in sadness. "(Y/N)-chan....." He touched my shoulder gently. "Ken... There's no point on lying to me. Ken, I know you're a ghoul. Tell me a story behind that." I looked at him directly in his eyes. His eyes widened in shock. "You....... knew??" He whispered.

"Why you don't tell me before, Ken?? We're friends, right??" I rested both of my hands on his shoulders. "(Y/N)-chan...... You don't hate me....? Even if I'm a ghoul...?? You're not scared...?" He asked me with his sad eyes. "Of course not!! Did I said before that I always recognize you whatever state you are in?! I'll naver hate you, Ken... And.... I'm a ghoul too....." I smiled softly and weakly at him. Hoping he will understand.

"(Y/N)-chan.... You're...... a ghoul...??" He looked at me in shock. "Unfortunately.... Yes.." I looked at him again. "Do you hate me now??" I asked him. "After keeping this secret from you for so long...." I continued.

Suddenly, I can feel a pair of arms wrapping around my body tightly. Ken rested his head on my shoulder and stroking my hair softly. "I'll never hate you.... (Y/N)-chan..... Never...... I'll always love you.... Forever and always..." He whispered in my ears and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

A single tear left my eye. I smiled softly and stroke his hair back. I rubbed his back gently and closed my eyes. "I love you too.... Ken..... No matter what state you are in...... I'll always love you....."