Seth Reveals His True Nature - Chapter 16

Copyright – All rights reserved - Deborah Mitton 2013

Seth Reveals His True Nature!

Chapter 16

Seth had spent a difficult night tossing and turning, as his mind was racing even in his sleep. What was he going to wear and how was he going to perform at Sunday’s service? It took him hours to fall asleep and when he did, he fell into a very pleasant dream.

He was standing in front of a congregation of mostly adoring women with the exception of the Archbishop of Canterbury who made the trip down to the village from London especially to hear his sermon.

His family was sitting directly in the front him, both his father and brother were sound asleep and his stepmother struck them trying to keep them awake. The adorning, beautiful women were clinging to his every word and some had even faint. The sunlight through the stain glass windows shone on him giving him an angelic halo. He never looked more handsome!

His sleeping face had a wide smile. It was a smile, so seldom seen during his waking hours around the house.

The knock on the door roused him with a start and he answered with an annoyed “enter” whereby Michael entered the room with his breakfast. Michael meekly wished his master good morning and placed his tray on the table beside his bed. For once Seth was in a generous mood and even spoke kindly to the boy. Michael opens the drapes allowing the morning light into the room, while Seth sipped his tea.

“Will you be attending services this Sunday Michael.” Seth up and was going through his wardrobe picking out an outfit for the day.

Yes sir, if you please sir.”

“Good then you will hear my sermon?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good then I will hear your thoughts on the topic on Monday.”

“Yes sir.” Michael was upset because it meant that he would have to listen carefully to what Seth was saying and he knew that he would have a difficult time staying awake.

“I will draw you a list of everything that I want to have prepared by Saturday’s eve. Just see that it is done.” Seth stood before the mirror, turning this way and that checking his appearance.

“Yes sir.” Michael replied meekly.

“Good, then be gone with you.” He dismissed him.

Michael gathered up the tray of dishes and unfinished food gladly and quickly left. Smiling and running back down the stairs to Cookie.

After Church Services on Sunday …

Katie O’Connell was the picture of an Irish beauty with peach & cream complexion and auburn hair that fell down her back in curls. Her eyes were the colour of lavender, extremely unusual and many stated that it was her most compelling feature. To many others it was her bell-like laugher. Both were a pleasure to the ears and eyes.

The sun was warm on her face as she struggled up the embankment on the far side of the old flourmill. Its huge waterwheel turning in the stream at full force from the early spring run offs. The day was hotter than she expected and she had dressed more warmly than perhaps she would have normally. Her clothes more layered and were the best she owned.

Enjoying the spray thrown up from the wheel, she slowed down her pace to cool herself down. Katie was nervous that she might perspire and stain her cotton blouse. Today had to be perfect, she had to be perfect for her lover was a perfectionist. Katie stopped to look behind her. She knew instinctively that no one followed her, as she had taken great pains to cover her whereabouts. She hated to keep secrets from those she cared for but it was necessary for now. Perhaps soon that would all change and a sweet smile crossed her pink lips.