Chapter 17

The door slammed shut yet again, and Ashton stood up, using the wall as support, he managed to stand on both his feet for a few moments before he collapsed.

It might've been nothing right now, but Ashton was going to get away from here.

He had to.
*****
Luke stared at the phone in his hands, mouth opening and closing as he struggled to find words. He hated to admit, he'd begun to question if Ashton was alive, but now he was reassured of it.

However, it was evident in his voice how broken he was, and it hurt Luke's heart. Right now he wanted nothing more that curl up in a ball and die, but there were far more pressing matters on hand. They'd attempted to trace the call, and had minimal success, which wasn't a surprise, the kidnappers must've known the risk.

Which lead Luke to wonder, who were they?

Could they have been some random people? Or were they genuinely against Ashton? Or was it something against Luke, or Michael and Calum? A crazed fan?

The more Luke thought about it, the more confused he got. Someone out there was really hurting Ashton, and he couldn't think of who would want to. Luke ran a hand through his hair and grimaced at the greasy curls. He hadn't taken too much care of himself since the whole incident, so he finally decided to take a shower, and possibly drive or walk later, just to clear his head and think.
*****
Luke dropped his head against the steering wheel, before he turned to Michael, who was in the passenger seat.

"Can I just drive?"

"Huh?"

"I-It's so hard to be here right now, can you, Calum and I just drive away somewhere, no gps, and escape this for a while? Just to clear our heads. If Ashton was here, he'd be all spiritual and try and stay calm. I think we need to clear our heads, and start fresh. W-we need to find him"

Luke dropped his gaze to his lap, and he felt Calums hand on his back. Michael was hesitant, but decided if Luke wanted to clear his mind, he should be able to.

After all, they could all use something to help them relax a bit, and perhaps some distance would help. Luke began to drive, Calum and Michael spitting our random directions, unsure where they were headed.
*****
Ashton had made it to the door.

Through excruciatingly painful movements, he'd made it to the door, the door that would lead him somewhere. Ashton's shaky hands rested on the handle, before the door tore open, and he fell back, pain shooting through his body.

Pained groans escaped Ashton as he straightened himself, freezing at the sight before him. Long tanned legs, curtain of sheen black hair draping down her back, a tall woman stood before him,  a crazed smirk dancing on her face.

Ashton was more confused now, not knowing who she was or why she'd even bothered. Unfortunately for her, her unwanted presence proved itself to be a brilliant motivator. Ashton wasn't staying here for much longer.

Ashton's legs swung forward, and kicked at her heels, toppling her over. It was bound to happen, the way she was stumbling around. She must've had a shot or two, because her breath reeked of alcohol, and the minute she realized she was on the ground, she gripped Ashton's hair and pushed him back down.

Her nails dug into his skin, leaving crescent marks as she shoved him against the wall, jagged rock cutting into his back. she seemed to be enjoying it, far too much. She began spitting slurs and insults his way, and Ashton felt even more horrible then he had before.

This whole thing felt like a horrible nightmare, and Ashton desperately craved the warmth of Luke's arms.

She was significantly stronger than himself, but Ashton flailed his legs, managing to keep her down long enough so he could crawl up the stairs. Ashton only made it halfway when two other figures blocks his path, the burly figures of his other kidnappers a disadvantage to himself.

Ashton wanted to give in.

He was ready to let them take him, the pain coursing through his veins, and the weakness over taking his body too much to handle. However, Luke was somewhere out there. Ashton needed to go back home, back home to Luke, back home to safety.

Ashton kicked and cried, he made a commotion, he did everything he could, using every ounce of willpower to fight. It wasn't nearly enough. Ashton saw bright flashes and dizzy spots dancing before his eyes, and with his last bit of energy, he dug his teeth into the arm around his neck. Ashton bit hard, grinding his teeth till he felt the skin break.

There were so many people around him, so many people attempting to hold him hostage. He couldn't fight it, not alone. Ashton kicked and swung everywhere, in an attempt to hit anything, desperate for the tight grip on his body to loosen. Ashton screamed, muffled, horrible screams, before one fortunate kick hit the light switch, and he was suddenly able to move.

And then he ran.

More accurately limped, all the way upstairs, before navigating his way around. It was mainly dark, and the loud footsteps echoed not far behind. They pounded and thundered, amplifying his headache. Ashton felt delirious. Coloured spots danced before him, blurred figures merging.

When blinding sunlight finally struck through the window, Ashton crawled outside, sobs of joy racking his body. They were so close by, and they wouldn't have any trouble catching up, so he dragged his body as far as he could, vision blurred, and mind numbed.

When Ashton was drained and could no longer move, he collapsed limply in the alleyway. His skin was pale and sickly, eyes heavily bagged and glassy. His body hurt so much, and he was so tired.

Ashton's eyes shut, as blood from his wounds pooled underneath him, and he let out a few shaky breaths, before consciousness slipped his grasp.