6 {She's Gone} «Last Flashback»

Sirius set down a cup of tea in front of his girlfriend, smiling as he thought the word to himself.

"Thanks, Snuffles," she said, kissing his cheek. He blushed.

"Anything for you, Twitchy," he said, sitting down across from her with his own cup of tea.

Reagan grinned at him, taking a sip from her cup.

His heart thumped, and stomach went fluttery, even after all these years, he still gets butterflies in his stomach whenever she looks at him. He's absolutely, completely smitten.

The ring in his pocket seemed heavier as he thought more about what he was planning to do tonight.

He's going to propose tonight.

They finished their tea, and went to cuddle on the sofa in his sitting room, the ring feeling heavier and heavier in his pocket.

"Reagan...there's something I've been meaning to ask you for the longest time..." He started, biting his lip nervously.

Reagan looked curiously up at her boyfriend, smiling slightly. "Yes?" She got butterflies in her stomach, hoping he would ask her what she thinks he's going to ask her.

"Uh...er, uh... should I cut my hair, or leave it?"

He mentally hit himself upside the head. You idiot, Padfoot!

Reagan deflated, slightly disappointed, but understood he'll ask her when he's ready. "You should leave it," she smiled, twirling a lock of his dark hair around her finger, "I like it long."

He kissed her, and she leaned her head against his chest. He rested his chin on the top of her head and sighed. Such a wuss.

She kissed him goodbye an hour later, and apparated home, landing in her room. She sighed, kicking off her shoes, and peeling off her jumper.

She changed into some sweat pants and a plain white, long-sleeve t-shirt, before going downstairs and sitting in her family room, flipping through an old potions book of hers.

She heard a pop! outside, and stood from her sofa. No one visits her at eleven o'clock at night without sending some sort of warning before hand. She peeked out her window, and yelped in fear.

Three Death Eaters were marching up the pathway to her door.

They're finally here. They've come for me.

She bolted her door, and put a charm on it, knowing it wouldn't hold them for long.

She held her wand out in front of her, her hand shaking slightly.

C'mon Twitchy! She told herself, You're the best Auror in a century! You can handle three Death Nibblers!

The door started rattling, and glowing, before being blasted open.

She fought valiantly, her family room getting destroyed in the process.

She managed to knock out one of the Death Eaters before she was stunned, and brought to the Dark Lord.

•••

Sirius paced his living room, yanking at his hair, and running his hands over his face.

"This is ridiculous! I've wanted to ask her for months now, and I just chicken out!"

He groaned to himself, taking the ring out of his pocket, and opening the velvet case.

It was a simple silver band, with T+P engraved on the inside, with a simple diamond on the top.

Simple, yet beautiful, in every way.

"Oh, screw it! I'm going to ask her!" He exclaimed, apparating right there and then.

He landed in the middle of the ruins of her house, his shoes crunching the remains of a tea cup that had been on the coffee table, of which is now a pile of splinters in the corner.

"Reagan!" Sirius cried, slipping the ring into his pocket. "Reagan, where are you?!"

He searched the entire house, and fell to his knees when he realized she wasn't there.

James and Lily, he thought to himself, James and Lily have to know!
He apparated, and landed right in the middle of their living room, scaring the living daylights out of the witch and wizard.

"Padfoot!" James exclaimed, "Whatever is the matter?"

Sirius was breathing heavily, his disheveled clothes covered in dust and debris from Reagan's house, his hair in a similar state. "Reagan!" He cried. "I went to her house, it's destroyed, Prongs! She's not there! I can't find her! Someone took her!"

James and Lily paled.

"Lily, call the Order. Sirius, come with me. We'll find her."

They never did.

•••

Sirius was depressed for weeks, and when James and Lily were killed, he just...snapped.

Wormtail betrayed them. He was their friend, and he betrayed them. The cowardly little rat.

He went after Peter, and attempted to murder him, only ending in him getting away, leaving naught but a finger finger behind, and Sirius to get arrested.

He was sent to Azkaban with no trial, and remained there for twelve years until Harry's third year, when he escaped by slipping past the dementors in his Padfoot form, and tracking down Wormtail, whose been spending his pathetic life as the rat he truly is, as Scabbers, Ron Weasley's pet rat.

Even after all that happened third year, Wormtail still got away, Remus Lupin resigned from Hogwarts, and Sirius went to live in hiding, until he finally went to live in his old home, 12 Grimmauld Place.

The velvet box was still on his dresser, where he had put it all those years ago, covered by a thick layer of dust.

•••
A/N:

Okay, this is the last full chapter flashback. From here on out, all flash backs will be within chapters, unless stated otherwise.

Thanks for reading! Ily all!

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME!