Read before commencing the book.

This is an INDIAN, CATHOLIC centred book and specially dedicated to my Malayali family, friends, myself and to all the Indian women out there who are timid, misunderstood and/or have experienced major trauma. You're not alone!

If you are unaware of the culture please refrain from posting ignorant and racist comments below—it's beyond rude and y0u're not welcome.

I can't believe I have to even say this but apparently it's necessary.

Lately there have been a lot of people like the above and those that only comment/message hate speech, both in the comment section and in my inbox. The latter has people being completely rude to me on a personal note.

Now, I don't mind constructive criticism on my writing of course, you don't have to like each and every character in this book (in fact, some of them you're not even supposed to) but if you're gonna read and comment PURELY TO abuse my characters/my book then your presence isn't needed.

This is to all the ignorant people out there—you know who you are:

1) My characters are made the way they are for a reason. There are all kinds of people in the world; confident, sassy, timid. I don't want to write about fierce characters because I want to represent all kinds of women. Not everyone is independent or feisty.
Just because a character isn't like you, or because you don't think that's right, doesn't give you the right to say crap about my characters.

2) Churidhars and sarees are 'normal' clothes. Jeans and a top doesn't automatically turn a woman into someone more 'normal' (whatever this word even means). It's a personal and cultural choice. If you don't like the fact my characters wear traditional outfits then don't read? It's an Indian book and I see most women in the town that I'm from in those outfits so to me and to them, it is a very normal thing. It's sad how I have to explain this to ignorant people who are adamant on claiming that the only outfit that makes a person normal in this world are jeans and a top.

If you only show up to downgrade my efforts then don't comment at all. Or even better, don't read. Even after posting this, it's saddening that people continue being disrespectful.

Anyway, to all the people that support me though, thank you so much again! And sorry I'm a little heated. Awful people tend to get on my nerves. If you're still here please continue reading and I hope you enjoy! And if you don't, I'm glad you gave it a go anyway :)