The Alpha's Unwanted Son- Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jay's POV

I stood there completely unable to move. What? Luna, p-pregnant? What? B-but, wait, what? My thoughts began to get cloudy as I stood in front of Luna like an idiot. I couldn't wrap my mind around this, yes this was destined to happen, but so soon? I don't know how to be a dad! I didn't have a dad to teach me anything, well I have Luke but he's a cr*ppy role model! What do I do? Is this why Luna was avoiding me? Did she want an abortion? It makes sense, kind of, now that Luna has become pregnant doesn't that mean the curse is broken or something?

"Jason? What's wrong? Aren't you happy?" I snap back to reality, only to see a disappointed looking Luna in front of me. I'd be disappointed if I was pregnant with an idiot like myself too! How can she deal with this so, calmly?

"I-I d-don't, I um, what?" I stutter unsure of what to say. In a way I guess I'm happy, but my fears of becoming like Luke are extremely overwhelming at the moment. What if I end up being a sh*tty father to my child? Luna doesn't deserve that, neither does this unborn baby of ours.

"Jason, are you okay?" Luna questions me stepping closer so she could lay a hand on my cheek. I back away from her hand, just needing some space right now. I need to figure out a way to accept this, then I'll be fine. I hope so anyways.

"Jason! Where are you? It's time for me to do your hair!" Sabrina's cheerful voice beamed. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her enter the room. She was wearing a light blue dress with glittery-beady things all over the top. The bottom of the dress flared out and it ended just above her knees. She had kept her hair normal, but she still made it look fancy somehow. My god I'm turning into a wuss. Sabrina's eyes landed on me, widening in surprise. "You told him, didn't you?" She questioned Luna in a calm voice.

"Yes." Luna whispered giving Sabrina a sad smile.

"Wait, you knew?" I asked Sabrina still slightly dazed by the news. She smiled to herself as she bobbed up and down on her heels.

"Yeah. When you were, you know, stabbed. Luna may have said something about her being pregnant." Sabrina mumbled staring at the wall across from her.

"Oh." My lame response came. Idiot.

"Hey Sabrina, could you give us a minute please?" Luna asks. Sabrina winks and agrees. She exits the room leaving Luna and I alone again. "I wanted to tell you first." Luna trailed off in a soft voice.

"It's fine." I reply staring at my shoes. I'm honestly not sure how to respond to this situation. Should I be happy? Sad? Miserable, excited? I have no idea! "How do you know though? We had s*x like three weeks ago, if that." I question Luna. I can almost feel her grin as she replies.

"Nymph powers. It's part of our healers powers, we can sense pregnancy right away. It's kind of strange actually." She explains. Oh, well I guess that makes sense then. Things were so much simpler before any of this happened. On a normal day before any of this happened, I'd probably be at school. Probably half drunk, or completely hung-over, listening to some teacher talk for an hour about something nobody cares about. It was so much easier back then.

I guess in a way, I'm happy all this happened. If it didn't happen I'd still be that orphan boy who's a menace to society. Now I'm the Alpha's son, next in line to rule the werewolf pack or whatever. I now have a mother, a d*ckhead father, an uncle & cousin, and an amazing mate.