Ten

I don't think I have ever felt at peace as much as I do now. Not only is my life great so far, I have managed to make myself some really great friends who seem like they would be in my life for a very long time. I couldn't be happier, I think. I truly don't believe that anything could ruin this moment of peace and satisfaction for me.

It is not only just because of Nick and Kristen that I'm happy, or because of Killian... Well, I guess Killian has a huge part to play in my current state of being. He had been texting me nonstop since our time at the lake and was being really sweet to me. I never imagine him to be so caring and loving, given how I was ready to give up after he had pushed that Wednesday. Now, he just seems like he can't go a day without hearing from me, as he keeps sending me good morning messages and calling me "babe, babes, pumpkin" and the like. I don't like pumpkin but babe makes me feel all weird, I actually feel my stomach flutter whenever I see those texts. Maybe it's true what romance stories say, that there are butterflies in our stomachs.

I don't dwell on that however because I am one hundred percent sure that it is all an elaborate plan to get me to call him sweetheart. Why that word specifically, I don't know but it has been bugging me and I well intend to find out. Soon.

The other reason why I'm so happy is that my parents are going to be home soon. They will be back by the end of the week and today being Monday, I really couldn't wait for their arrival. I know damn well that my mother's modeling gig wasn't canceled. She just wants to check up on me and how I'm dealing with school. I'm not annoyed by it because I really want to tell them about everything that happened - leaving out that event of course.

"Aren't you coming for lunch?" Kristen asks, literally snapping me out of memory lane. I sigh dreamily, nodding as I pack my books into my bag. I'm actually quite surprised that it I lunch already. Time really flies then now that I think about it, even though I have only been here for a week - or two days, if you count the time I got sick - I have gotten used to the school and everything that happens here.

"Go ahead, I'll meet you there," I tell her. She nods and heads over to the cafeteria. The reason I'm not going with her is that I have something for bother Kristen and Nick. After seeing the kind of food they served at the cafeteria, I decided to bring them lunch everyday. Today, I made one of the maids make some crispy chicken sandwiches and some ranch flavored potato chips as well as my favorite chocolate ice cream sandwich for dessert and I think that Nick will really appreciate it.

As I'm walking to my locker to retreat the food, someone covers my eyes from behind making me yelp in fright.

"What the fuck!?" I scream at whoever it was.

"Wow, you've got quite the mouth on you," the teasing voice of none other than Killian says behind me. Heat creeps up my cheeks but I do relax at hearing his voice. "Hey baby," he whispers as I turn to look at him.

"Hi," I whisper back, as my heartbeat gets even louder as he pulls me close to himself such that our chests are touching. Being in such close proximity to him does wonders to me. It makes my heartbeat faster, my palms wet and itching to touch him and for some weird reason, seeing the look in his eyes makes my lower region feel funny.

"I've missed you," he says and the blush on my cheeks refuses to leave, making its home somehow permanent.

"You saw me this morning," I respond even though I'm itching to tell him how much I missed him too. Seeing him on FaceTime this morning alone was not enough. I wanted to hug him.

"I wanted to see your face, and not through a phone Dyl. I wanted to touch you," says Killian, his voice taking a husky tone making me gulp. His brush my hair behind my ear as he says this and the determined look in his eyes doesn't waver.

What is he thinking, I wonder.

"Nick and Kris are waiting for me," I say instead and pull way from him because I have a weird feeling that something was going to happen if I stood that close to him for long. I'm not sure what, but something was definitely going to happen.

I hear him sigh as I open, or try to open my locker but to his credit, he doesn't say anything and helps me out.

"You just have to jiggle it a bit," he says as he opens it for me.

"Thank you, I'll try to remember,".

"Sure," he says blankly making me turn to look at him with a frown. What's wrong?
Before I can ask however, he takes my hands and holds them out in front of us. "Can you meet me somewhere after school?"

"Of course," I nod. Angela won't even be here early to pick me up anyway.

"I'll text you where. Hope you have a nice day," he says, his voice going back to the teasing one that I know so well. I smile at him, happy that he has gotten over what was bothering him. He doesn't let me go though and instead, just keeps staring into my eyes. I stare right back, wondering what he is thinking. I notice him lean closer and closer and even though something tells me to pull back, I don't and just watch him. I feel my eyes close on their own accord and then, Killian lips land on my cheeks, pecking me softly.