Chapter 5: Heading back home

I wake up to Serena on top of me, hitting my in the face with a pillow and telling me to wake up. "alright, alright I'm up." I moaned to her trying to defend myself from the pillow.
"Come on we got to go to Pallet town today!"
"Ohh yah!" Realizing that and fully waking up. "Just let me get dressed ok." I said to her as I get up give Serena a kiss and leave for my room. when I walk in I see Pikachu sitting on my bed waiting for me to walk in. "Pika pi?" He asked me in a frustrated tone.
"Hey umm sorry Pikachu I stayed the night with Serena because there was no heat in her room so she wanted to cuddle with me for warmth." I said making up a lie on the spot and thankfully Pikachu bought it and nodded his head with forgiveness.
"Ohh and by the way I asked Serena out." I told Pikachu. Pikachu looked at me with a look of either shock or disbelief that it actually happened.
"Yes I finally did it buddy." I said making sure he know I wasn't joking.

After I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and took a quick shower I grabbed my backpack, Pikachu jumped up on my shoulder and we headed out the door and waited for Serena in the lobby.

When we got to the lobby Clemont and Bonnie were already there waiting for Serena and I. "Hey guys!" I said as I went over to them. "We just waiting on Serena now?"
"Yah she's taking a long time as usual." joked Clemont.
"Hey Ash, If you haven't beaten the Chapion in Kalos why are you leaving?" Asked Bonnie.
"Bonnie that was very rude! You apologize right-" started Clemont.
"No Clemont it's fine." I went over and sat down next to Bonnie. "you see Bonnie I haven't beaten this region's champion I still want to explore the world region's, I've actually never beaten a champion but once I've been through all the region's in the world I will go through them again and I promise the four of us can go through this region again when your old enough to more pokemon than just Dendenne ok." Bonnie looks at me with determination and says ok. A couple moments later Serena joins us with a casual "hey." we get up and start walking towards the airport. Along the way I grab Serena's hand and interlock it with my own making her smile at me with her cute now red face. Bonnie noticed that we were holding hands and kept teasing us about how cute we are as a couple and when we'll get married. She finally stops teasing us once the airports comes into view and a look of sadness overcomes her face as she starts to cry quietly. "Ash, Serena do you two have to leave us?" She says I between sobs.
"I'm afraid so Bonnie, but I promise I'll come back and we'll go on our journey ok." i said trying to reassure her.
When we walk into the airport we start walking towards security and Bonnie starts to cry more. Just before we walk into security Serena and I stop and say bye to them. "Bye Clemont, Show me your new inventions once we get back ok." I say to Clemont, I shake his hand and give his a pat on the back then knee down and start talking to Bonnie while Serena starts saying bye to Clemont. "Bonnie you take good care of Dedenne ok, Electric type pokemon are the best first pokemon you can get." I say to her giving her a thumbs up and then a hug. "I'll miss you Ash." she says in between sobs. "come back soon ok." I promise her again and me and Serena start walking towards the Security check lineup while waving goodbye to two of my bestfriends. "this is so sad." Serena saying starting to cry.
"Yah it's never easy."

When we get through Security and board the plane Serena takes the window seat and I take the middle seat waiting for the person that will be sitting to my left to show up. that's when I see Jen walk into the plane and start looking at her ticket. "Ohh shit she's here babe." I say to Serena trying not to look at Jen.
"Fuuuuck" she moans and just rests her head on my shoulder. "I just hope she's not sitting next to you." she adds, and now I'm worried that it will happen as Jennifer walks closer and closer towards our seats. finally she stops and our seat and sits down next to me. "hi hottie, I told you I'd be on this flight hehe, and I made sure I was next to you." she says to me while giving me a wink.
"Umm no he's mine." Serena says in a bit of a pissed of tone and grabbing my hand. Jen looks at this and laughs.
"I don't see your name on him."
"Ohh my names on him just not where you'd see it." Serena says. Jen looks at me and asked me if this was true and I agreed with Serena just because I didn't want them to continue to fight but I made it worse as they went back and forth about who's guy I am. I eventually just laid back, put my headphones on, and closed my eyes knowing this was going to be a long flight.