ONE

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Predator or Prey

CHAPTER ONE.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Selene Drakos, one of the last few skin-changers of the Middle East had just arrived at the front step of Bilbo Baggin's house. It was dark by the time she arrived, most of the hobbits of the Shire were already inside their homes, eating their supper, making it easier for her to walk by without scaring anyone.

Yes, she scared people because she was a dragon. No one in the Middle East was fond of dragons, hence why she went into hiding several years ago. No one could find her at all. Most of the people wanted her dead and the others? They wanted her blood.

A dragon's blood is very special. It can be used for spells, witchcraft and to create stronger and better monsters in the Middle East. Not only can it used for magic, but it can heal those who are wounded too. Depending on the wound, the blood of a dragon could be healed in seconds, minutes or hours.

However, Selene's blood was much more special. Her blood can do the same things a general dragon's blood can do, but it can also do much, much more. Since Selene was a skin-changer, her dragon abilities enhanced her abilities as a human, making her much more stronger and faster than any Man. Her blood can heal not only wounds, it also can heal fevers, sickness and diseases; something the regular blood of a Dragon cannot do.

Many people believed, that her blood could also bring back the dead and the rumors became big. It forced Selene into hiding as far away as possible. She did not want anyone to find her just to kill her for her blood.

But now, after many, many years... Selene was back, called upon by Gandalf the Grey to accompany the quest he had told her about a week ago.

Selene rung the doorbell, adjusting her dress as she waited for the door to open. She took the chance to admire how tiny the hobbit's home was. Though, she was not any big herself, standing at five foot and six inches. Most would have mistaken her as an extremely tall dwarf. They wondered how a woman so small could turn into a beast so large. It was not clear to them.

The door opened, revealing Gandalf who greeted her, "Selene,"

"Gandalf." She smirked, knowing exactly why he came to the door. Selene had a short-temper, so her getting angry could easily trigger her to shift into a dragon. She could kill anyone before they would even realize that they were dead. But little did Gandalf know, Selene had been working on controlling her temper for years.

After the death of Selene's father and the disappearance of her mother, she was taken in under Gandalf's care. She knew that when she was younger, she always gave Gandalf a bad reputation for the girl did not get along with others very well; she was also reckless and caused a lot of trouble. She was happy the wizard had a lot of patience for her. He taught her the rights from wrong and she learned and grew from it as time passed.

"Please be on your best behavior, Selene." The wizard looked at her sternly.

Selene rolled her eyes, "I know, Gandalf. You do not need to keep telling me this." The cold wind blew by, making her hair get into her eyes. She had to hold it back by her ear to keep it still. She then noticed that Gandalf had stepped away from the door, which was a sign for her to get inside.