[26] Road To Recovery

~~~Violet's POV~~~

I have not spoken to anyone since I woke up in the hospital. The only time I spoke was when Ashton woke me up from my nightmare but after that I just can't bring myself to speak to anyone.

I have been out the hospital for two weeks now and all I have been doing is laying down in my bed because I'm not allowed to do anything else. What surprised me was that when the nightmares came each night, the only person who could wake me up was Ashton.

My dad and brother and everyone else that is going through the house just get punched but somehow when his hands land on me, I feel calm and I slowly begin to relax. Because of this Ashton has kind of moved into my room since he sleeps here anyway.

I am sick of being this weak but I am right back where I started when he last started this. I know that he is jail and I plan on pressing charges against him since this time there is evidence and witnesses.

I don't think I could live through another time.

I haven't been in school and surprisingly my dad has taken time off work and spends the whole day with me. Josh has gone back to uni but he calls me everyday and he hopes that I will talk to him but I can't bring myself to speak to anyone. He would talk for hours and I would cry each time, wanting to speak to my brother but my brain won't let me. It's like my lips are glued together and I don't know how to open them.

"How are you doing today, sweetheart?" My dad comes into the room carrying a tray with food that I no longer eat.

Since Ian starved me, even if it was only for 3 days that means that my body cannot handle a lot of food but after the first week I was able to eat anything but I no longer have the appetite. The only thing I mange to do was nod at my dad and he gives me a small smile. This must remind him of taking care of my mum when she was sick.

"Ashton is on his way over here." he says with a bitter tone in his voice. Ashton and my dad don't seen to get along. I don't know what happened since I don't talk to either of them and they are all fake smiles in front of me.

I don't even smile anymore. I feel emotions but I am unable to show them. The closest anyone has come is Ian and that is just sick. When I think of him I want to cry and have most of the nights but that is the only emotion I have let through.

For the next hour my dad went though photo albums and nearly making me cry again but instead I just layer down on my bed and turned my back to him and once more let the pillow take away my tears. I know that my dad wants to hug me and tell me it's OK but he is scared that I'll push him away.

I want to be normal so badly, why did this have to happen to me? I know that probably every victim thinks this way but what else can you feel when every little thing about you was violated and abused.

No father wants to see his little girl like this.

"Rest my angel and just text me if you need me." my dad says before he exits the room and I turn on my back to see Ashton throw his bag across the room and jump on the bed next to me.

Today I have this strange urge to be close to him and not have to push him away all the time. It can't be easy having to with such a burden like me. A couple of days ago was the first time I let him hold me during the day and since then he has been touching me any chance he gets.

"Are you feeling better today, my love?"he says as he draws me into his arms. I nod against his chest and he gives me a dazzling smile every time that I do anything to him, even something as simple as nod or look into his eyes.

"I see that you missed me today." he smirks and then places a kiss on my forehead. I nod again and try to smile at him and his eyes lights up and he pulls me even tighter to him.