Chapter 22

No One's POV

While the others were downstairs, Stephen and his parents were in his room.

Stephen and his mom sat next to each other on the bed with his father standing right beside the window, looking outside the street.

No one was talking at this moment. Many questions were flying in Stephen's head. His mouth had the urge to just spit all of his questions out but he just stayed quiet.

After a moment, Eugene sighed.

"I know... This is probably a shock to you Stephen... For the most part, me and your mother is really sorry. To both you and Christine. Because we weren't really totally being honest with you both."

Stephen was now starting at his father.

"A few years ago, when both you and Christine were 9, it was a day where we finally have a neighbour next door. And coincidentally, our neighbour was one of the famous doctors around and I was interested in being friends with them."

"I told your mother about it and she also thought that maybe making friends with the new neighbours would also be good for both you and Christine because they also have a daughter, Hela."

Stephen flinched when he heard about the name Hela. He never liked that girl, ever since they first introduce to each other, because he can feel something different just from her eyes and facial expressions.

"So me and your mother decided to bake some pie for the new neighbours. But when we got to their doorstep, and finally met the new neighbours. They were very welcoming but their voice... It doesn't sound... Normal... They were smiling but their eyes made eye contact with me and your mother and it gave me a bad feeling about them but I just think positively and greeted them." Then mother continued.

"I never thought of them as something so... Weird or crazy but the way they talk sounds so monotone, the way they smile at others and give them eye contacts were seriously weird. But I never met any neighbours who were peculiar like Hela's family."

"One night, when me and your mother were in the living room talking to each other about a patient who has a tumor in his head, we heard a sound coming from the backyard. When we went there, we saw nothing but we could see a faint silhouette of a person jumping to the neighbours hedge. We couldn't get a glimpse of the person but what we do know is that the person jumped inside Hela's house. Of course your mother had to be the curious one. I told her to stay away and let it be but she did it anyway."

"Oh shush Eugene! Anyway... I dragged your father outside to take a small peek in that house when we saw something... There was a pool of blood right on their doorstep and it was still fresh."

I looked at both of my parents who were now looking at each other with serious eyes.

"The day when I was making a deal with them was when they suddenly visited me at my office. But it wasn't the CEO of the company, instead it was the CEO's assistant. I didn't know what kind of deal we made back then but I was pretty sure that an arranged marriage was never in one of that list Stephen... But Hela's parents made me signed the second contract. Because me and your mother knew about something that we shouldn't know about them, they wanted to make a deal. If I sign the contract, I can ensure safety to both you and your mother, Christine and everyone else, in exchange for a marriage between you and Hela."

Mother hugged me tightly by now.

"We really did try to decline it Stephen, but they threatened us that they would kill everyone that we love... Especially you and Christine and we didn't want that. So we had no choice."

"We are very sorry Stephen... Both of us knew this day would come and we both understand if your starting to hate me and your mother-"

"I don't hate you... Or mother... Because your the last thing I ever want to be mad at. I understand that you have to do everything to make sure me and Christine safe... I'll try and cooperate with you two and treat Hela well... But it doesn't mean I'm going to get married with her. Just promise me you won't mention Tony in front of her... I'm afraid of what she will do to him once she knows about Tony.... I don't want to lose him either...."

Honestly... I don't want to do this.... But for my family and friends, especially Tony's safety... I'll do it.

"You don't need to carry this burden Stephen... Both me and your father can try and cancel that contract and then call the police to apprehend Hela's parents."

I shake my head to decline their plan.

"No it's too risky... You don't know what they have on their sleeves... They might have a plan ready before you could even do anything... Let's cooperate with Hela... And then think of a better plan."

Both of my parents nodded and then hugged me. I hugged the both of them back.

Thinking about both of my parents, Christine, Tony and my friends getting hurt by Hela... Is a total nightmare...

To be continued....

A/N

Sorry for not updating for a while... I've been really busy these days... School is getting hectic but I still have a few more months until I finish senior year so I'm pretty excited!!

Anyway I might don't have the motivation to write a better chapter because I couldn't think of a better plot so I might rewrite this... But I hope you enjoy!!!!