T E A S E R

Soft skin. Blue eyes. Black hair. I felt his warmth. His heartbeat, steady breaths.

"Get up. There's work to be done," I hear a haggard voice screech, which pulls me out of my dream.

 The moment I open my eyes, everything was lost. It was as if it were a dream. Yet, it felt too real to be just that. I blink a couple times clearing away any lingering bits of speckled darkness from my eyes and continue to turn around until I hear a very annoying tch sound come from her.

"Abrille...my mate..."

"Is Damon. How much longer are we going to discuss this?" There is a scowl on her face and her eyes begin narrow even more onto me. 

I rub my forehead and sigh out in complete exhaustion. He doesn't have blue eyes...he doesn't have the same voice I keep hearing repeatedly in my head. 

"He's not."

In my heart of hearts, I know he is not. 

"He is. That mark on your neck didn't come from some random bimbo. You're just as much his as he is yours. How much longer are you going to deny that poor boy access to you?"

"...It doesn't feel...right," I say trying to find the most appropriate word to say. 

It feels unnatural. And wrong...almost forced. My fingers touch around my neck until I feel the bite marks. Even these feel wrong. Saying that to her won't do me any good, however.

"It only feels 'wrong' because you already believe it doesn't feel right." She huffs at me with a sneer covering her porcelain features.

"I don't-"

"Don't you dare say that under my roof! He took you in and gave you a place to call home when your own clan no longer wanted anything to do with you! He left for you! And you have the audacity to udder such-such thoughtless ingratitude?"

I look at her feeling like I am in the wrong. That I shouldn't be feeling this way to someone who has loved me without hesitation even after I had turned my back on to them. However, what I had done...was for a greater purpose as far as I can remember... and I don't regret a single moment of it besides not remembering for who and why.

No one asked him to take me in. No one asked him to be my mate. I don't understand how that makes me ungrateful. The only thing I ever wanted from him was the truth, which he has failed to give me time and time again.

Her angry, brown eyes swirls into specks of red at my silence. It's her son we're talking about. Of course she would feel offended. But she shouldn't. I'm not saying he's not good enough for me. I'm just saying I won't lie to myself and pretend like some form of love lingers between us because it doesn't and never will. . . It's not like I want to feel this way. I just do. It's my heart and my mind telling me the same thing.

He's not my mate.

As if the look in my eyes says anything at all, it causes her to hiss and slam the door back behind her as she leaves out. That woman has never liked me and never will. It's a given and I don't expect it to ever change.

I get my body to get up from the bed speckled with Damon's scent. It brought on no feelings of lust or want only the feeling of yearning. Like something is missing and I want it back. I don't have the slightest idea why I am even in his room, nonetheless his bed. 

I strip off my shirt smelling his scent on that too. Before I can head into the shower, his scent comes wafting in through the opened door and, soon enough, I see him stepping a little closer to me. He stops midway before it can get too personable.

"...Hey," he says as nothing more than a gruff mumble.

 I give him a small smile. It's not his fault. None of this is. 

"Your mom already beat you to me."

"So I've heard..." 

He scratches the back of his head causing me to massage my shoulder from the awkwardness.

 "I'm really sorry about her. She is a bit on the protective side."

"It's fine." 

I brush pass him towards the shower, but he grabs my forearm before I could make it there. 

"Two years ago you weren't like this..."

"Two years ago, I barely could remember my own name," I mumble back.

"What you're trying to search for is a life that no longer exists. It'll only make moving on harder for you. You'll never get over it... All I was trying to do was help you. All I am trying to do is help you," he says with the saddest eyes and broken voice.

"And I appreciate it. I really do Damon. You've been nothing but a good friend to me.. .but what I want...what I need...isn't here.

"He was almost the death of you! How much more are you willing to sacrifice for some-some mutt?" he yells.

I look at him with a straight face. "Everything. Haven't I done so already?"

"It's been almost three years...what makes you even think he'll even want you back? That mark on your neck is mine. Not his. Even if you do find him, he'll want nothing to do with you," he spits out causing my eyes to fall. "Unlike you, he's probably moved on."

"...I understand that Damon. I want him to be happy...even if it's not with me."

"Pitiful."

"...Is it?" My eyes meet with his this time causing him to let go of my arm.

"You were so great once before, now you're nothing but a disappointment," he says with so much anger it causes my eyes to fall. "I swear he will be the death of you...truly, this time."

______________________________________________________

[A/N] Welcome back my lovely, little, angsty readers you! This will merely serve as a teaser. Nothing more nothing less. However! I will be updating every now and again until I get some of my other books finished.

How do you like it being in his POV?

tell me how you guys liked the opening! Feedback, comments are all very important to me! As you all know, I feed off of your angst.