007

I jolted awake as my alarm ringed in my ears. My eyes tried to find my phone in the dark room. One of my hands eventually felt it. I slammed my finger on the screen and rubbed my eyes.

I stood up and began my usual morning routine.

~

"So did you tell Jennie?" Kai asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Perfect, she'll tell all her friends which will eventually spread like wildfire." He smirked.

"I hope Yeji confesses quick. I'm already tired of dating you." I replied.

Kai gave me a sideways glance.

"Well looks like we don't have much of a choice." He snapped back.

I laughed and took out my phone as silence took over us again. He was doing something on his smartwatch.

After about ten more minutes we had arrived.

"Take my hand." I told him. I stuck my hand out and he reluctantly took it. We walked into the school.

~

"Can anybody translate this for me?" The Spanish teacher asked. She pointed to some sentence on the board which I couldn't even make out what it said. Thankfully, some other kid raised his hand. I sighed in relief as she started teaching again.

The class was almost over which meant I could go to lunch. My stomach rumbled as I tapped my foot in sync with the clicks of the clock.

"I put an assignment on classroom. It's due by the end of the week so don't cram it all into one night. Other than that I'll see you all tomorrow." She told us. People closed their books and ran out the classroom. I packed up my stuff and left.

As I was heading to my locker Jennie came up next to me. "Care to sit with me during lunch?" She asked.

"Yeah, I can only stand Kai for so long." I laughed putting in my combination.

"I'll go grab a seat for us." She patted my shoulder and ran off. I put my Spanish work in my locker and slammed it shut. My phone vibrated but it didn't bother me much. I dragged myself into the lunch room and looked for Jennie.

She sat at a table with her other friends I had met before.

"Hey y/n!" Jennie patted down at the seat next to her. I smiled and sat myself next to her.

"I'm Lisa incase you forgot." A girl with bangs told me.

"Yeah I totally forgot. I'm not good with names." I laughed.

"I've definitely heard about you, Jennie never shuts up about you. Plus you and Kai have been the hot talk recently." She wiggled her eyebrows at the last sentence.

"Don't embarrass her Lisa." Jisoo lectured her.

"It's fine." I interrupted.

"Is it true?" A blonde girls soft voice spoke.

"Maybe..." I mumbled, taking a bite of my food.

"You have more luck getting a boyfriend here in a week than I hav the entire time I've been here." Lisa groaned.

"Just go for it." I shrugged.

~

The day had finally ended. I walked home and finally checked my phone after the long day.

A text from Yeji?

H. Yeji
Can you come to the coffee shop? I wanna talk.

Y/n
Sure, what about?

H. Yeji
Stuff.

I groaned as I turnt around from the direction I was heading. My shoulders aches from the books in my bag. But Yeji has never asked to hang out, it must be pretty important.

My feet slapped the ground as the bell rang in the coffee shop.

I saw the girls hair tied up in a usual ponytail. She tapped her fingers against the table. Our eyes caught each other, her whole face lit up. I waved and sat across from here.

"It's nice seeing you." I smiled at her.

"Yeah it is." She tucked a piece of her hair over her ear. She wore a beanie covering most of her head. But the little strands sticking out looked gray.

"Did you dye your hair?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah I did." She laughed taking off her beanie. It was completely grey, she shyly looked down.

"It looks so good." I told her.

"Oh thanks." She replied.

"So what did you want to talk about anyways?" I asked her.

She bit her lip and looked down.

(A/n: sorry this update took two months lol. I've been working on an Itzy oneshot book and it should be up soon. Also the next chapters are going to get a little spicy since I can't write slow burns.
🥺👉👈)