1

*

It was a long day for the Intelligence Unit , a hard case with a child had hit a spot with the team and for Detective Jay Halstead the case hit too close to home, all Jay wanted to do was to go home and have the next two days off

"Jay you heading to Molly's with us?" Adam Ruzek asked, slapping his teammate on the back.

"Nah bro, I have other plan" His response gained glaces from the whole team as he walked down the stairs. He rarely went out anymore but that he didn't mind.

Erin Lindsey looked at her partner with annoyance, he never came to Molly's with her or the team but spent all his free time doing his other 'plans'. None of the team knew what to make of it, he never told them what he was doing and Erin had enough of it.

"We need to find out what he doing" Erin said, standing in the middle of the bullpen as Hank Voight walked out of his office.

"What's all this, why are you all still here" He asked in his gruff voice.

"Boss, we think Jay is up to something. Hiding something from us and we are going to find out" Adam said, earning a nod from Kevin and Kim.

"If Jay wanted to tell you he would, leave him be" He told them, but as he walked out Erin knew she wasn't going to change her mind.

"Lets go" and so they went

Twenty minutes later they finally reached Jay's apartment, they saw his car so at least he is here. His apartment was on the 5th floor, number 20. When they reached the floor Antonio and Kim were starting to get second thoughts, why would Hank tell them not to see what he was doing? He must have a good reason, but it was already to late as Erin knocked on the door, but what lay behind was a shock. As the door opened they expected to see the blue eyes of Jay Halstead but instead there was a small child, no older than 4.

"Sorry sweetie, we must have the wrong room" Kevin said staring to turn away until they heard a very filimiller voice.

"Morgan Bree Halstead, what have I told you about opening doors" Jay Halstead yelled finally coming into sight and once he saw who was at the door his jaw dropped.

"Daddy I thought it twas the pizza" The tiny Halstead explained with a pout, running over to Jay who picked her up easily.

"Daddy?" Erin whispered, as the team looked the father-daughter duo.

Morgan Halstead was he spitting image of her daddy, blonde hair just like his, but big blue eyes. She was tiny and from the way she talked she sounded about three. Her pout that she still wore was just like Jays. All n all she was Halstead through and through.

"Come in guys, close the door" Jay was still trying to get his head over the fact that his team were here, and his daughter was the one to open the door.