Chapter 1 Interesting Info

Cover created by ladyarchangel74 Thank you.

Ten-year-old Evelyn Iris Potter was in the middle of weeding her Aunt Petunia's garden. It was a hot day in August, and Evie was dying of heat. She wasn't allowed back in the house or any water until her work was finished, so instead, Evie drank from the water hose outside. She stood up and stretched her back, Evie had been gardening since morning, and it was already noon. Evie wiped the sweat from her brow and looked up at the sky; there wasn't a cloud in sight. Evie wished with all her heart that it would rain so that she could cool down and maybe clean herself up. She hadn't had a shower in a while, and her skin was starting to get itchy.

As she went back to work, still wishing for rain, Evie didn't notice that storm clouds began to gather until they blocked out the sun. Droplets of rain began to fall on the little girl's head, she looked up at the sky and smiled. Evie loved storm, she loved hearing the thunder and watching the lightning streak across the sky. As the rain came down harder, Evie began to laugh; she quickly began scrubbing her arms and legs, trying to clean herself as best she could. After a while, it became too hard to weed the garden, so her Aunt Petunia called Evie inside and pushed her into her cupboard soaking wet. She was already in trouble for somehow letting a python out of its enclosure, though Evie didn't understand how she did it.

Evie sat in her cupboard, shivering while the storm raged outside. She grabbed the thin blanket that Evie used to cover herself to dry off as best she could. She wished with all her might that someone would save her from her miserable life. Evie desperately wanted someone to love her. But she knew that that would never happen, Evie was a freak, unnatural, and a burden. At least that's what her relatives told her.

In the privacy of her cupboard, Evie cried out her anguish. What Evie didn't notice was that the harder she cried, the stronger the storm would rage outside. Eventually, her sobs calmed down, and Evie fell asleep. Once she did, the storm slowly dissipated.

Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, SHIELD was getting a report about a freak storm that happened over Surrey, England, that came out of nowhere on a clear day. Agent Coulson looked at the report curiously and decided that this was something that Director Fury should know about. Coulson made his way towards Director Fury's office and knocked.

“Come in, Coulson.”

“Sir, we got a report of a freak storm over Surrey, England.”

“And, how is that SHIELD's concern?”

“Sir, it looks like something that Thor would create. It was only centered around Privet drive.”

“Was Thor in the area?”

“I don't believe so, Sir. As far as we know, Thor's at Avenger Tower.”

“Could it be a mutant? Professor Xavier knows a mutant that can control the weather,” Fury asks.

“It's a possibility,” Coulson tells his boss.

Fury thinks for a moment, “Alright, get in touch with Thor and have him go investigate. And tell him to take that brother of his.”

“Yes, sir.”

It turned out that Loki had been sent back to Midgard by the Allfather as his punishment to make amends for what Loki had done. Odin and Frigga had discovered that Loki was being controlled by the scepter as well. So, Odin couldn't in good conscience severely punish him. Fury wasn't too happy about it, and neither were the Avengers, though Clint was more inclined to believe Thor when he explained that Loki, also, was being controlled. When Clint looked at Loki and saw that his eyes were green instead of blue like he had seen them before, Clint realized that it was true. And so, the Avengers grudgingly accepted Loki into the Tower as long as Thor watched him.