Everyone Hurts

Chapter 26

Daniel lay in his bed just thinking. He didn't know why when everything good was going in his life something would come and just make it bad again. He tossed and turned wishing there was an ocean nearby for him to just sit on the beach drink a cold beer and watching the waves as they rolled in and crashed on the sand.

Chelsea started to get cold and decided it was time for her to head to bed as she walked into her room she got a text message. She was excited but at the same time nervous to see who it was texting her. She slowly opened her phone and read the text.

? : Chelsea how are u?

Chelsea: about 2 head 2 bed. U?

? : I'm good, can we talk 2marrow?

Chelsea: I was actually going 2 come and c u 2marrow.

? : Oh that would b great we need 2 talk.

Chelsea: yes we do!

? : Well I need my rest.

Chelsea: as do I. night

? : Sweet dreams.

And with that off Chelsea went to bed, but she couldn't sleep at all she got a few winks in here and there but nothing like she use to when her life was a carefree no worries ever kind of life. Now she had some big decisions to make and didn't know what she would do.

Patrick lay in the most uncomfortable hospital bed he had ever laid in. he lay there thinking how everything was starting to pick up his life was getting on the right track. He didn't know where his life was going or who would be in it but he knew one thing he was in Salem and he was here to stay. Patrick's phone rang.

Patrick: "why are you calling me so late?"

Voice: "You know why I'm calling you."

Patrick: "I know what you want but before I do anything I have to get out of this hospital."

Voice: "You should be good to go in a few more days."

Patrick: "look I will try doing my best but I'm not giving any guarantees."

Voice: "oh but you will give me a guarantee because if you don't then they will know about you and all your secrets."

Patrick: "are you threatening me?"

Voice: "no I'm just making you aware of what could happen."

Patrick: "Okay I understand now I need my rest if I'm ever going to leave this place."

Voice: "You better pray all this works or you're going back where I got you from."

Patrick: okay, I really need my rest!

Voice: "yea you do now get some!"

Then a dial tone Patrick wished for all of his bad life to go away but no matter how hard he tried something always seemed to find him. Patrick lay in bed thinking of Chelsea, he just wished she was there to talk to him he need someone, someone he could trust and Chelsea was who he could trust.

Daniel finally got some sleep thinking of Chelsea was the only way he could fall asleep, Chelsea still lay in bed unsure of her decision and a way to make her life simpler and carefree, Patrick fell asleep thinking of Chelsea just he forgot how beautiful she was and how spunky she was.

Morning:

Daniel woke up to the sun beating right down on his face he loved getting up bright and early. He jumped in the shower and with Chelsea on his mind all night he needed a cold shower. He got dressed grabbed some toast and headed to work.

Patrick woke up to a stiff neck and some back pain nothing he couldn't fix with some nice company he decided to give Chelsea a ring but as he was reaching for his phone his door opened and in walked Chelsea.

Patrick: "Woo I never knew you for the bright and early type Chelsea."

Chelsea looked at Patrick and just scuffed a bit.

Chelsea: "Patrick we need to talk."

Patrick: "yes Chelsea we do. Please come sit."

Chelsea walked over to Patrick's bed and sat next to him. Chelsea looked into Patrick's eyes his blue eyes always had a way of making her fell safe around him away of making her fell that all her problems would go away, a way of making her feel that they were the only two in the world.

Chelsea: "Patrick what is it that you texted me last night that you need to talk about?"

Patrick: "Chelsea I know that you have a thing for my cousin Daniel and don't try to deny it because I could see it in both your eyes. All I want to know is if you are serious with him or if I still have a chance?"

Chelsea got up only to have Patrick grab her by the arm to pull her back to him she landed with her head onto his chest as she lifted it up she felt all those emotions all those hot feeling's come racing into her body into her mind into her heart.

 She looked up and she saw that look on Patrick's face the one that told her she would be safe with him the one that told her she could trust him, the one that made her want him as much as he wanted her before and with that she slowly made her way to his lips.

She lingered for a bit until fully locking lip to lip Patrick slowly made his hand up her back onto her neck and pulled her closer to intensify the kiss. She forgot about all her problems and in that moment it was only her and Patrick as she slowly pulled away she had tears running down her face, she didn't understand how could it be that something so right could feel so wrong but at the same time so right?

She let go of Patrick and told him that she needed time, a lot of time she had to clear her mind and figure out what she wanted and needed, as she was walking out she ran into Daniel, he saw that she had been crying but he couldn't ask what was wrong as much as he wanted to he knew he best stay out of it, all he did was hold her she wished for so many things at that moment.

Chelsea wishing: I wish I was not here, I wish I was far away, I wish that these two men could be one, I wish life was not so complicated.

She looked up and realized Daniel had been holding her she wiped her tears away from her face.

Chelsea: "oh Daniel I dint even see you, I..... I"

Daniel: "no, no worries I'm glad I could just be her to hold you"

Chelsea slowly pulled from Daniels embrace and said thank you and went on her way.

Daniel walked into Patrick's room

Daniel:" Patrick what the hell did you do to her?"....................