Everyone Hurts

Chapter 22

Chelsea walked in there she didn't know what to do. She couldn't believe it was him, she stood at the end of his bed for a few moments until Daniel walked in.

Daniel: "Chelsea he has been asking about you while we where stabilizing him. I had no idea you knew him."

Chelsea looked at Daniel with a puzzled look on her face.

Chelsea: "what are you talking about Daniel? How do you know him?"

Daniel: "Chelsea this is my cousin. The question is how do you know him?"

Chelsea looked at Daniel and laughed under her breath.

Chelsea: "figures I always pick people close to home."

Chelsea shook her head and rolled her eyes as she turned away.

Daniel: "Chelsea I'm serious how do you know.."

Chelsea looked at Daniel and shushed him

Chelsea: "Daniel not here please let us go out into the hall."

Daniel followed Chelsea out into the hall.

Daniel: "well Chelsea are you going to explain to me how you know him?"

Chelsea looked down at the ground she swayed her foot in a circular motion as if she was trying to avoid the question asked to her.

Chelsea: "why do these things always happen to me?"

Daniel looked at Chelsea and raised her head to meet his eyes he pushed her bangs behind her ear and began again asking her how she knew him.

Chelsea: "Daniel I still haven't forgot about what you did with my grandma and then to see you pull her close after all that stuff you said about her."

Daniel: "Chelsea stop avoiding the question and answer it how do you know him?"

Chelsea: "he's my past like you are Daniel there is not much to know only that he was once and now is no more."

Daniel: "damn it Chelsea stop talking in riddles!"

Chelsea pushed Daniel and walked to the coffee area with Daniel following right behind. Daniel grabbed Chelsea's arm and turned her around.

Chelsea: "Daniel I don't want to talk about him I don't want to talk about the past I want to leave it there."

Daniel pulled Chelsea close he didn't care who saw he wanted to let the whole world know he had feelings for Chelsea and her pushing him away only made him want her more.

Daniel: "Chelsea I will find out sooner or later who he is to you, so why don't you just tell me who he is."

Chelsea broke free of Daniels grip she walked to the doors that lead outside. Daniel followed her.

Chelsea: "Daniel why don't you just leave it alone."

Daniel: "Chelsea I don't like to see you like this."

Chelsea: "to late Daniel like him your part of my past and I don't live in the past I live for the future and as of now I see only me. You had your chance to care about me and now it's too late"

Daniel: "Chelsea it's never too late for anything, like I said I will find out who he is to you and when I do..."

Chelsea: "and when you do find out Daniel what are you going to do then? Hu what could you possibly do Daniel"

Daniel didn't understand why Chelsea was being so difficult the man asked for her and she just acted as if he meant nothing to her.

Daniel: "Chelsea I don't know what's going on but I don't like to see you like this."

Chelsea: "well get use to it because Daniel this is how I am."

Chelsea walked away from Daniel and this time he did not follow her. Chelsea walked around for hours she couldn't wrap the thought of him being Daniels cousin was he really Daniels cousin and if so why didn't Victor ever mention it to her.

She came to the park where she first met Daniel she sat on their bench she pulled out the handkerchief he had given her just a few hours ago she just held it.

Chelsea: "oh Daniel if you only know how much I miss you and need you and now he decided to come back into town and worst of all he's your cousin."

Chelsea sat there she still could not understand it all, she decided to give Steph a call but all she got was her voicemail. As the day grew to night Daniel left the Hospital he decided to take a walk through the park when he saw Chelsea sitting on their bench.

He walked up to her purposely knocking into her, "oh I'm sorry" Chelsea looked up with this "no you're not you did that on purpose" look to Daniel

Daniel: "may I sit?"

Chelsea: "sure"

As Daniel sits Chelsea stands.

Chelsea: "I was just about to leave any way"

Chelsea starts to walk away Daniel stands and grabs Chelsea and turns her around. Tears begin to pour down Chelsea's face Daniel hugs her Chelsea hugs him back she finally gets her breathing to normal.

Daniel looks into Chelsea's eyes and he softly kisses her on her forehead.

Daniel: "please come sit."

Chelsea sits Daniel is holding her hand

Daniel: "Chelsea I know you don't want to talk abo......"

Chelsea: "shhh"

Chelsea kisses Daniel on the lips sweet and tender he can feel her relief as she sighs a release sigh.

Daniel: "Chelsea he has been asking about you again"

Chelsea looks at Daniel she knew this would be coming.

Chelsea: "Daniel I don't know what you want to hear."

Daniel: "Chelsea I know how you know him I asked around the hospital it is not the best place to keep secrets, word travels fast you could have told me I wouldn't have got angry."

Chelsea looked into Daniels deep hazel eyes

Chelsea: Daniel I didn't know how to tell....... I didn't know how to tell you that I had a thing for him a few years ago but he never gave me chance and why he would be asking for me now made no sense, and then on top of that him being your cousin"

Chelsea began to have tears come down her eyes she was trying to hold them back but couldn't.

Chelsea: "Daniel I'm sorry"

Daniel: "for what?"

Chelsea: "I don't know it just seemed right to say that at the time"

Daniel: "Chelsea."

Chelsea: "yea Daniel?"

Daniel: "did you ever do anything with him?"

Chelsea let go of Daniels hand and looked at him angrily

Chelsea: "you have no right to ask me that"

Daniel: "I'm sorry I didn't mean to up..."

Chelsea stood up.

Chelsea: "Daniel you have no right to ask that at all especially after I find out you slept with my grandma Kate and that you kissed her while saying the opposite stuff about her!"

Daniel stood.

Daniel: "Chelsea I'm sorry I just....."

Chelsea: "Daniel whatever PATRICK and I did is in the past and that's the same road you seem to be going down as well!"

Chelsea stormed off..........................................