𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 »

❝♛❞

PETER RATHAWAY walked around Central City Park, stretching his legs. It had been only yesterday that he started seizing after trying to merge with Professor Stein. At least, that what everybody told him when he awoke in a hospital cot at S.T.A.R Labs. Truthfully, the last thing Peter really remembered was having that thing strapped to his chest and then it was black.

Caitlin said that it was normal and gave him a look over before clearing him. Peter had been on bed rest the rest of the day with Barry checking in every hour, feeling terribly bad for somehow causing this. Lucy had stayed with Peter and Aspen at the house, asking Genevieve on her way back from picking up Aspen to go to the store and put up a notice and go to the grocery store to pick up a few frozen pizzas for dinner.

Genevieve and Peter finally had been able to convince Lucy to let him out of the house and stretch his legs on the account that Genevieve would go with him, bring a syringe of the stuff Caitlin knocked him out with, a phone with 911 on speed dial, and a first aid bag.

They were now walking through the park together, just getting Peter out of the house and stretching his legs from being in bed most of the day yesterday and the whole morning today.

It had been a while since Peter and Genevieve had hung out. They were always with Aspen and Penny when they went out or Lucy was with them. Peter had to admit, it was nice to just talk to her.

"So, Whilton Thomas asked you out?" Peter said, trying to hold back the laughs. Whilton Thomas embodied a combination of the personality of Shrek and Umbridge. A terrible combination if you ask anyone.

Genevieve nodded with a blush dusting her cheeks. "What did you say?" Peter asked when he could finally compose himself.

"I said no!" She exclaimed, "What did you think I said?" Now Genevieve was laughing her head off.

"I don't know, I thought Whilton might be your type," Peter said through a straight face.

Genevieve lightly and teasingly smacked his arm, "You better be kidding, Peter!"

They laughed together as they walked around the park pavement a few times. Then Peter heard some footsteps behind and turned around to see a guy.

"Excuse me," The taller, older man said.

Peter and Genevieve looked at him. Genevieve grabbed Peter's hand and held it tightly in hers.

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask if you were Peter? Rathaway?" The man asked Peter directly. Peter took a tiny step back and looked at the man. There was no way he had any affiliation to his school and by the look on Genevieve's face, she's never seen him at the shop either.

Peter stared down the man, "Why do you want to know who he is?" He tried to make sure nothing gave him away.

The man stuck his hand out, "I'm Henry Hewitt, a scientist. I just wanted to talk to him, I work closely with S.T.A.R Labs." He said.

By the way Genevieve squeezed Peter's hand, he knew it was a lie. Then Genevieve just smiled and looked at the man.

"Well, I'll deliver the message to him when I get home. I live with him and I'll tell him to get over to S.T.A.R Labs," Genevieve replied.

Hewitt raised his eyebrow and looked at Peter, "And you're not Peter Rathaway?"

Genevieve shook her head, "No, this is-"

"Whilton, sir," Peter replied, "Whilton Thomas," He tried his hardest not to laugh.

Genevieve took a breath, "Well, I think we will be going, but I'll pass your message on,"