Chapter 6 - The Day After

Bhavika reached the canteen right after the recess bell rang. She ordered coffee and sat there. She wanted to catch Tejas and Khushboo meeting. They must be meeting before everyone else came. She thought.

One by one, her friends joined her. She looked around, but couldn't find Tejas anywhere in the canteen. Neither was Khushboo there.

Mehak walked in and saw Bhavika. She slowed down and approached her first. Bhavika did not realize she was already there.

"Look, I'm sorry for yesterday," Mehak whispered near her ears. "It was not my place to fill your ears. I was just concerned. But I am so sorry. It won't happen again. I promise," she added.

Bhavika turned toward her and took her hands in hers. "I am sorry. You did the right thing."

"What's going on?" Sundar asked as Seema was already looking at them.

"It's nothing, I behaved rude last night in the dark alley. So I was apologizing," Mehak informed them.

"Is that it?" Seema asked. She was not satisfied with her answer.

"Yes!" Bhavika replied.

"Okay, then! It's settled, Bhavika has forgiven Mehak for her rude behavior. Now sit and have the coffee before it gets cold," Vivek tried to cheer everyone.

Both Bhavika and Mehak smiled and took their respective seats.

"What's it?" Seema whispered in Bhavika's ears.

"I'll tell you later," Bhavika whispered.

"Have anyone seen Teju?" Bhavika asked.

"Hey, where's Khushboo?" Sundar asked.

Bhavika and Mehak looked at Sundar. Suddenly they started suspecting him because boys tend to inform their friends about their crush long before they think of hitting.

"Tejas called to say he'd be taking his aunt to see the doctor after lunch. He must have left." Vivek replied.

Bhavika was in the dark about the developments with Tejas. He didn't tell her.

Seema had no idea about either of them. So she kept quiet.

"Where's Roshni?" Sundar asked.

"I don't know," Seema replied.

Bhavika thought she may be over-reacting. She realized she must talk to him before taking any decision about their relationship.

She recalled what her teacher said. 'Everyone must be given an opportunity of being heard before making any decision about them.'

Attending college helped her in decision making for the time in her life. She was glad she was in college. If this happened in school, she'd be a mess right away.

She was still thinking about Khushboo. Why didn't she turn up?

The more she tried to remain positive, the more she was becoming confused about Khushboo.

Why would she do thisto me? We're friends. We're a close group, she thought.