15 | HE'S LOOKING FOR ME

ADYEN

ADYEN

I've been to the pizza place a few times with Len, but I never thought that there might be a whole meeting room upstairs.

Len and I had arrived for the meeting about half an hour ago. Things were still awkward between us, but Len managed to smile at leigh and engage her in conversation as she had led us through the back kitchen and up the narrow stairs to the room above. Now we were both sitting beside each other on an antic sofa.

I looked about the room, noticing the heavy curtains covering the small windows, and how the room was dimly lit by the one light bulb at the center pouring orange light. Slowly more people filled the meeting room, and at a point, I heard Georgiou's voice.

"He takes his time," Len said, making me look back to him. He was looking down at his watch. "We have to be patient. It takes a while for everyone to come in, especially during winter," he said, hinting at the fact that transit and public transport was going to be behind because of clearing the snow, and the fact that the roads were slippery.

A question from before popped up in my head. I know I had asked Len about seeing his wolf, and I had asked why most of them didn't just walk around in their wolf form as if they were stray dogs, but he had asked me if I had seen a wolf before. I guess that meant they were bigger, but I wasn't sure how big.

I was thinking about this when I heard a whine from the door to the meeting room. I looked over at the entrance, and my eyes widened when I spotted a wolf trying to squeeze in through the door. I guess that answered my question. It was huge. It cut up to half of the wooden door's length, and bigger than the frame by width.

"Really, you couldn't have changed downstairs first?" someone sitting behind me and Len said before getting up. Someone else followed, and they worked together to help the red wolf squeeze in through the door.

You said that as if you had a change of clothes just waiting for me downstairs. I jumped in my seat, blinking and frowning at the sound in my head.