~ T W E N T Y T H R E E ~

🍷

"Never show anger at slight, tell nothing. Earn Respect from everyone by deeds, not words. Respect the members of your Blood Family. Gambling was Recreation, not a way to earn a living. Love your Father, your Mother, your sister but beaware of loving any other woman than your wife. And a wife was a woman who bore tour children. And once that happened to you, your life was forfeit to give them their daily bread."
— Mario Puzo

Arianna Morelli's POV

The usual small spectacles of light twinkled was no longer flittering the dark blue night sky, morphing into a painted canvas of a warm orangey colour cascading with the bright yellow - illuminating the morning sky. From the edge of the horizon, the large ball of hydrogen and helium rose with pride as its gleaming radiance glowed, shining its orangey colour onto my porcelain skin.

The pale coat painted on my skin glistened due to the shining morning sky, it was then a light splash of pink glazed the yellowy orange morning canvas.

As the morning sun rose, so did the chirping birds as they flew gracefully across the gleaming sky, lightly squawking as other followed right behind them.

The emerald green grass swayed gently, brushing the tips of the grass lightly due to the warm spring breeze. Light trickles of water littered the brass tips of the small round bushes, giving it a sort of refreshment as it had lightly rained the night before. The tall pine trees that surrounded the premises swayed back and forth, then left and right, as the thin branches of the tree shivered at the sudden chilly breeze.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood, hating but exceptionally, loving the chilly but pleasurable cold breeze. The strands of the dark chocolate wavy thick locks that layered my head kissed the side of my head and all the way down to the side of my neck, swirling beautifully as the chilly wind brushed the strands off.

A light breathy yawn escaped my lips, sounding the atmosphere as I enjoyed the sense of isolation.

Looking into the distance, my physical physique had been at rest, but my mental, not so much.

It was just two days ago since I had interviewed my daughter's kindergarten teacher, Miss Hernandez, about the sudden disappearance of my daughter.

My daughter.

My Katerina.

It was just like two days ago, and a matter fact, it was two days ago that my life had shattered to complete pieces. The bricks I had layered to create such an indestructible wall had been broken down, the weight on my shoulders shifted heavily.

Here I am, gazing off into the beautiful Spring distance wondering where my Katerina had gone.

What if she hadn't been seeing this beautiful morning like I? What if she had been locked away in a dark basement? What if she hadn't been fed? God, what if she hadn't bathed? What if she wasn't alive?

There were so many things running through my mind, I couldn't help it, but only worry.

I kept on repeatedly picking at the emerald green grass beneath my touch, tugging onto its material just to keep me company. I was torturing, ripping the grass to complete shreds as my nails picked at it annoyingly.

A sad sigh sounded the warm atmosphere, my ears peeling towards the sound. A very familiar scent cascaded my nostrils, the person's tropical coconut scent washed the air with an aromatic pleasant smell. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder, "Don't worry, Ari, she'll come back, we'll find her."