¹³

TREMAINE A.

I sat in one of those lowkey uncomfortable chairs in the waiting room of the hospital

I sat in one of those lowkey uncomfortable chairs in the waiting room of the hospital. Camille was rushed into surgery, and Tasha was currently in her room resting. My leg was bouncing a mile a minute as I listened to her sister, Nisha, and some other girl with curly hair and freckles mumble under her breath.

I stared at the floor, thinking about how everything went wrong. I pulled out my phone to call my momma when I see Tae walk through the door, his dreads loose as always.

"Mane, what the fuck happened?", he asked as he came over and dapped me up.

I shake my head and he sits across from me, looking at me.

"Long story short, Me, this police officer, and Camille came up with this plan to get Tasha back, who was kidnapped by Luck. When he went to drop her off, he shot at my momma, Camille, and the officer she was with. I found out, I beat the shit out of Luck when I saw him, and now we're here", I explain, and he showed anger and confusion the most.

"So, Luck is in jail now, right?", he asks, and I nod.

He nods and looks towards the girls.

"Damn, she bad though", I hear him mumble.

"Which one now, nigga?", I scoff, and he points to Chastity.

I look at him and chuckle. He licks his lips and stands up.

"I'll be back, pimpin'", he smirks, and I laugh.

He walks over and sits next to Chastity, sparking up a conversation. The other girls looked shocked, and I couldn't help but walk over and be nosey.

"Oh, hey Tremaine", Nisha said quietly, waving to me. I sit across from her and give her a nod.

"Why y'all look so surprised?", I ask her, glancing at Tae and Chastity talk.

She let's out a low whistle and looks at her nails.

"She doesn't talk to new niggas. She barely spoke to you", she points out, and I nod.

It's true, Chastity didn't talk to me much when I first met her.

The lightskin girl leaned back and groaned loudly.

"Nisha, I want some food but I don't wanna leave my best friend when she's like this", she whispered, leaning her head on Nisha's shoulder.