Chapter 5: Working In The ER ✔

"OK ma'am, we're all done here keep an eye on things and if anything changes for the worst, come back and we'll take another look." I smiled at my last patient of the day. She nodded and looked down at the bandage on her arm that covered up the 2nd degree burn. "Just be more careful In the kitchen."

"Thank you Dr. Lindsay. I will." She chuckled. I nodded and had her fill out the rest of the paperwork before she left.

"Hey Dr. AJ." I heard a voice call and I turned to see Will.

"Dr. Will." I acknowledged as I looked up from my clipboard. "Busy day huh?"

"Oh yeah, had my brother in earlier, got hit in the shoulder." He chuckled.

"Oh, sorry I missed him, been meaning to meet the guy whole stole my sisters heart." I joked.

"Well, you've been here two months, now, I'm surprised you haven't met the idiot yet." He laughed.

"You off home?"

"Yeah, well, I have 20 minutes till the end of shift so, finishing paper work before I head off." I shrugged, looking back down, putting pen to paper.

"Any plans tonight?"

"Oh, yeah, big date with my TV, a pizza and beer is on the menu I think." I joked.

"Well, have fun." I looked up to thank him when my attention was taken away when I heard my name.

"Dr Lindsay, we have a guy in Room 13, GSW in the leg, he and his boss are insisting on you fixing him up." Nurse huffed as she ran over. I nodded and followed her, waving goodbye to Will as I did.

"I don't see why you're so picky on what Dr fixes you up Al. Besides, Will could have done a job that's just as good." A voice muttered as I walked in to see Hank and Alvin Olinskywho was sat on a bed.

"Because Ruzek, this doctor is the best." Al told his friend then noticed me and smiled.

"High praise coming from Olinsky." I joked as I was handed his file. I looked it over and instructed the nurse to grab me the instruments I needed as I prepared Al.

"So, who did you annoy this time?" I asked eyebrows raised. Al chuckled, Hank too, but before they could reply the kid stood up, glaring at me.

"Are you seriously making jokes?" He asked and I turned to look at him.

"Ruzek..." Al began but I half a finger up at him while I rose and eyebrow at the young officer and he stopped.

"I am, keeps the patient calm and takes the focus off of the pain."

"I don't care, just fix him." He ordered and I glared at him.

"Ruzek? Right?"

"Yeah what's it to you?"

"I'm gonna tell you this, one time, i don't like being ordered around in my ER. In gonna work as fast or as slow as I need to fix up Al and you are going to shut the hell up or get out and wait in the waiting room." I growled and stepped forward, I felt a hand grab my arm and I turned to see Al chuckling slightly.

"Easy AJ, he's just worried."

"Well, he can worry alittle quiter." I huffed as I turned back and began working. Pulling the bullet from Al's leg and stitched him up. Once her was done I pulled my gloves off and looked up at him, smiling.

"All done uncle Al."

"I hate it when you call me that." He grumbled as sat back.

"I know." I grinned cheekily.

"Wait, uncle?" Ruzek asked confused.

"Not my real uncle, inside joke." I explained. He seemed to have calmed down now and he was getting a little more likeable.

"AJ here used to call me that when she was around, mostly to any me." Al explained and I nodded as I looked down and filled out the paperwork, once again.

"So how long have you know each other?"

"Bout as long as Erin as known him?" I shrugged looking up at him.

"You know Erin?"

"She's my twin sister." I laughed when he looked at me wide eyed.

"I didn't know she had a sister?" He shrugged.

"Wow, I feel loved." I fake cried making Hank and Al laugh.

"Right, your all good, make sure to stay of it a while, light duty only." I ordered. Al huffed but nodded as Hank and Ruzek helped him off the bed.

"See you later kid." Hank smiled as he passed me.

"See you later old man." I chuckled.

"See you AJ, and I'm sorry about before, I get..."

"Don't worry about it Office Ruzek, he's your friend and partner, i get it." I smiled. I watched them leave then Iet out and long breath before I headed to the locker room, changed into my usual black jeans band tee and converse before I grabbed my jacket, closed my locker and clocked out, officially finished work.

"I'll see you later guys." I called out to the rest of my friends, who were all finished for the night too.

"Bye AJ." Will called as Natalie waved, smiling wide.

"See you Alice." Ethan and April called as I left the room and began my walk to my car, wanting so much to head home.