Chapter 7

Chapter 7

For two days now Lyatria and Tavorion have been training with Dunni and Lady Lúthel. The power of the Elin began to grow little by little, some of her simple spells were twice as strong and her strongest ability is summoning small sprites. Most of their time was spent training with their masters, but they were given time for Lyatria to sell her elixirs and to fix up their home. There was a few guards with them whenever they left the castle but they did not bother them. 

Aethor and Bornith of coursed asked them why they were staying at the castle. They both swore to never tell any about what happened that night, their mother and father were under the same order. They were allowed to come and visit them but it was tough especially with so many people asking them why the Orlerae family was staying in the castle. 

Rumors started to spread like Eiravel and Lyatria became lovers.

Lyatria cast a spell on the King and Prince to let them live in the castle.

Tavorion threatened them...etc.

So when they were out and about people would began whispering and glaring at them. Some of them would call them out and sometimes the end result would be Tavorion and Nordor ending up in a fight with other men getting close to Lyatria. 

However, Lyatria didn’t pay any of the rumors attention, she knew that were far from true and can’t help what people thought of her. Her training and fixing her home were more important than dealing with petty gossip. The story they created if anybody did ask them was that they were attacked by bandits and they tried to burn their home down but Tavorion was able to stop them and they are now locked up in the castle dungeons.

“Ok dear, lets try this again!” Today Lyatria was with Lady Lúthel in the fields practicing. Recently Lady Lúthel found an old spells book in the castle’s library, containing different kinds of spells most of them have to do with nature and animals. There was one enchantment hat gave her a hard time. If done correctly you could project your own soul into which animal you choose. It was a level that only a master could perform but Lady Lúthel insists on practicing it. 

“I can’t! This kind of spell can be done if I was a master, but I’m still getting use to this power.” She argued. 

“Oh come now, you were able to summon spirits yesterday! Plus we have Jai here to help, I’m sure she will have no problem with you taking over her body!” When she heard her name the wolf flicked its ears and opened a lazy eye. She saw the old mage giving her an odd look that didn’t sit right with her. 

“Those were small spirits! This spell is on a different level, I shouldn’t be trying something so dangerous!” 

Lady Lúthel sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. “I suppose you’re right, that is a bit much for you, so lets just try a different spell.” 

She picked up the book and flipped through its pages once again. “OK, I’ve found found a few spells that will be perfect for you! Take out your stilettos!” Lyatria drew her knives while Lady Lúthel summoned her staff. “So, the first thing I want you to do is activate the gems in your knives,” Lyatria closed her eyes and concentrated on activated the magic held in the pommels. A light touch from her mind and a flame appeared in the center of the rubies. 

“Good, now this next spell is 'Elevat' so you simply need to lift something off the ground,” Lady Lúthel looked around the field until her eyes fell on a the perfect test subject. “You see that boulder , imagine it rising from the ground and floating in the air. It doesn't have to be very high, just as far as you can go will be fine.”

Lyatria nodded her head and held up her daggers, pointing the pommels at the boulder. Sending out a force to surround the boulder. She felt the heaviness of the large rock but she slowly raised her arms. At first the boulder did nothing, no matter how hard she tried her arms began to shake from its weight. It was too much for her and she lowered her arms, breathing heavily.